niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
NB!
ANY DIY MAY VOID WARRANTY OF THE PRODUCT !
ACT ON YOUR OWN RISK !!!
...................................................................................

CF-100 DIY Magnetic Bracket (2).jpg

CF-100 DIY Magnetic Bracket (3).jpg

CF-100 DIY Magnetic Bracket (4).jpg

CF-100 DIY Magnetic Bracket (5).jpg

CF-100 DIY Magnetic Bracket (6).jpg

CF-100 DIY Magnetic Bracket (7).jpg

CF-100 DIY Magnetic Bracket (8).jpg

Last edited:
I think that from now on i will only use neodym magnets too, they can really hold camera with sufficient force and removing is much is much easier than velcro.
I noticed that there is big difference in force depending of the thickness of metal sheet, now i use 0.6mm thick sheet metal and that really can hold magnet very hard. First i tried some tin can metal which was easy to cut with scissors but magnetic force wasn't so strong.

I think that from now on i will only use neodym magnets too, they can really hold camera with sufficient force and removing is much is much easier than velcro.
I noticed that there is big difference in force depending of the thickness of metal sheet, now i use 0.6mm thick sheet metal and that really can hold magnet very hard. First i tried some tin can metal which was easy to cut with scissors but magnetic force wasn't so strong.

Yeah, I also started with thin metal and smaller magnets over year ago, but as you mentioned,- I also went to more thick steel / metal plate and stronger / thicker magnets. Its all about test'n'try.
In theory there is one drawback with magnetic mounts, - in case of car accident, forward moving force ( weight of dashcam + speed of car ) might cause dashcam "flying" away from bracket. But of course its all depends on how strong magnets ( and opposite steel plate thickness ) are used.

In theory there is one drawback with magnetic mounts, - in case of car accident, forward moving force ( weight of dashcam + speed of car ) might cause dashcam "flying" away from bracket.
Yes that's true, but judging from some accident videos other brackets fails sometimes too.
And with magnets you can make holder which can take the blow in case of accident, just a matter of design i think.

Back