Ming06

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
LS300W, LS430, LS430W, LS650W, G1W, GT680W, GT550WS, G510
install Step Up Filter Ring Adapter with 3M Adhesive tape
Easy to change or remove the filter
cost less than 10 bucks for each cams (Step up Ring + CPL Filter)
Finish in 10 minutes

n8m3m.jpg

-Step Up Filter Ring Adapter
EXP:
G1W & LS650W use 25mm-37mm
Shadow GT550WS & DOD LS300W use 34mm-37mm
-Filter (CPL Filter or another filter) 37mm

3cpl1.jpg

Step Up Filter Ring Adapter & CPL filter
i bought it from aliexpress

Step-up Ring 25mm-37mm
Step-up Ring 34mm-37mm
CPL Filter

0cpl2.jpg

Last edited:
gt680w.jpg

Shadow GT680W use 35mm-37mm
Filter (CPL Filter or another filter) 37mm

ls430ls430w.jpg

DOD LS430 & DOD LS430W use 39mm-49mm
Filter (CPL Filter or another filter) 49mm

ls430ls430w.jpg

DOD LS430 & DOD LS430W use 39mm-49mm
Filter (CPL Filter or another filter) 49mm

Is it possible to use smaller adapter and smaller filter with DOD LS4xx?

Thanks to your topic now I have a working cpl filter on my Oem LS300W

Thank you Ming06! This is by far the simplest, cheapest, flexible, cheapest and most professional looking solution. It can be used for many difference cameras too. Also, thank you for taking the time to detail your findings.

I recently ordered the G1WH and I assume that it will need the same 34-37mm adaptor as the LS300W. I am looking forward to installing it once all the parts arrive from China.

P.S. I also want to add that your solution has the CPL filter very close against the lens, which is good for not interfering with the wide angle lens.

Last edited:
Thank you !!!

Thanks to your topic now I have a working cpl filter on my Oem LS300W

Thank you Ming06! This is by far the simplest, cheapest, flexible, cheapest and most professional looking solution. It can be used for many difference cameras too. Also, thank you for taking the time to detail your findings.

I recently ordered the G1WH and I assume that it will need the same 34-37mm adaptor as the LS300W. I am looking forward to installing it once all the parts arrive from China.

P.S. I also want to add that your solution has the CPL filter very close against the lens, which is good for not interfering with the wide angle lens.

You're welcome.

looks nice , however it`s kind of bulky , and how about summertime heat in the car with the 2 layer double side adhesive foam tape ?

I purchased this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/121198506668
My main reasons (from the description) are:

Ultra thin 0.5mm optical glass3mm low profile frame
Black Almite Frame: Filters feature a black matte
Black Rimmed Glass: black rimmed glass to reduce the chance of light reflecting off the edge.
Low Profile Frame: Ultra thin filter frames to help avoid vignetting on super wide angle lenses

There are more description on the ebay listing, but the above caught my attention. It hasn't arrived yet, so I haven't tested it yet. Most other (inexpensive) CPL on ebay usually have thicker frames and glass.

Last edited:
On the LS430 type camera - is there any advantage to using the larger (49mm) or smaller (37mm) CPL or is it purely cosmetic between the two choices please?

What size would be a CPL for a recent ,, reviewed,, Transcend DrivePro 200 ? Techmoan complained about windshield reflections .

On the LS430 type camera - is there any advantage to using the larger (49mm) or smaller (37mm) CPL or is it purely cosmetic between the two choices please?

the 49mm will vastly reduce any chance of vignetting, if the cpl is a little out of centre. I had to change from 49 -> 52mm on my Panorama II to fix that.

PS using the larger size may allow for a slim lens shade to be fitted

Back