DIY Waterproof Rear Camera BlackVue DR650 - 750

edr-auto.fr

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
France
The underwater housings for dashcam are sometimes too bulky and unsightly.

I use this waterproof case motorcycle which is used mainly to display thumbnails (insurance, technical inspection etc. ..).

This allows to integrate it with the back of a car or truck to have better picture quality

First mounting tests

Last edited:
Is this really a DIY project? It seems more like a product promotion considering that you are a retailer, the "DIY" video begins with your logo and the footage doesn't show how it would be put together.

Either way it is an interesting concept but where I live, as soon as the snow arrives this would become useless if mounted on top of a vehicle.

Last edited:
That will not work well for long :rolleyes:

I guarantee the lens will steam up as its exposed to cold wet weather.. on the outside and warm heat from the sensor on the inside...

I had to come up with another idea ..

Yes I agree with you.
We expect another copy to make a second prototype with lens to inside the tube.

Last edited:
Get it right and I would estimate you get a 30% increase in image quality with no tinted screen or reflection to cut through.

That puts a cheap simple reliable easily adaptable Mobius way ahead of the behind screen competition...

Last edited:
New version all waterproof version with a polarizing filter for lens

163570P11305632.jpg

Last edited:
classic.....

why would you fit a polarising lens that deteriorates the image to and external lens that cant possibly encounter reflections because there is no screen in front of it ?????????

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Polarizer isn't just to reduce windshield glare. By that logic why do people with DSLR use polarizers since they aren't shooting from indoors behind a window lol

@EDR I like the way the rear unit looks on your prototype, especially compared to Blackvue's own truck cam. Much lower profile too, neat idea!

simples why not to use it...

you can get a fantastic night image without and ruin it with and after all its a dashcam we are talking about not photography ;)

find a bit of 2mm glass or a microscope slide or cover and cut it down and sand it circular.. 15 minute job.

simples why not to use it...

you can get a fantastic night image without and ruin it with and after all its a dashcam we are talking about not photography ;)

find a bit of 2mm glass or a microscope slide or cover and cut it down and sand it circular.. 15 minute job.

I dunno, @petepete, why not let @edr-auto.fr enjoy and experiment with his DIY project as he sees fit without being quite so critical and telling him what to do or not do? His project looks far more skillfully done than anything you've had to show us, BTW.

I dunno either...

but I do know beyond reasonable doubt you having been here ages confirms you couldn't possibly believe an external polarizing filter is a necessary evil ..

BTW, my external lens solution has been functioning well over a year having been told it would get filthy and it was pointless as I quickly realised disguising a camera externally was not a look I wanted on my pretty car !

It is perfectly reasonable to use an external polarizer if one so chooses.

And as I recall, your external lens became infiltrated with water as I predicted it would.

But (I am certainly not surprised) you miss my point about the inappropriateness of trying to dictate what others do or don't do with their DIY project regardless of how you may feel about it.

You

fail to be objective on so many levels,

fail to refrain from childlike name calling when conversationally out classed

but never fail to fall back on bad language.

Ever thought of joining the "Trump" campaign as we move to discuss banning him from the UK in parliament,and he possibly runs for president elsewhere ;);):D:D:D:D

its a big wide world out there full off differing opinions so don't get mad at any one of them;)

You

fail to be objective on so many levels,

fail to refrain from childlike name calling when conversationally out classed

but never fail to fall back on bad language.

Ever thought of joining the "Trump" campaign as we move to discuss banning him from the UK in parliament,and he possibly runs for president elsewhere ;);):D:D:D:D

its a big wide world out there full off differing opinions so don't get mad at any one of them;)

It comes as no surprise, @petepete that a friendly suggestion that being so critical of someone else's DIY project, especially one quite as well crafted as @edr-auto.fr's may be unfitting would result in the sort of foul vitriol we see you spouting here.

I recall when you first washed up on the shores here at DashCamTalk in August, 2014 and introduced yourself to the community with a hateful, racist, bigoted and highly xenophobic diatribe against a small child who's behavior you disapproved of. That was the first time you and I butt heads and it's more or less been that way ever since, especially with the periodic personal swipes and trolling you engage in with me as well as others.

Then, as with your story about the above mentioned child, you often present yourself as a victim and so we got to hear the sad saga of when you captured some guys working on your car saying nasty things about you on your dash cam as if it might come as a surprise to any of us here on DCT to hear that you generate such sentiments towards you in your daily interactions with those around you. It was indeed rather comical and rather revealing how you were obviously leaving out large chunks of the story in its telling.

Since then you often attempt to present yourself as some sort if know-it-all maverick with loopy theories of how you believe things function in the real world, or should be, or are supposed to be but as you have demonstrated time and time again you are merely a crass nitwit with a chip on your shoulder and a low IQ who believes himself to be far more intelligent than you regularly prove yourself to be.

BTW, I find it most amusing that an inarticulate and vulgar little larve like you would drag a non sequitur like Trump into this discussion as if that could insult me in some way but I'll have you know that I have known the Trump family personally and have never liked or been a fan of Donald's clowning and posturing ever since he began displaying his brand of mean spirited, narcissistic traits as a teenager.

Last edited:
you seem to get very personal when people "chose" to push your button that's so large if I didn't I would trip over it - just as others have been known to do :D

Funny thing is, a cheater always ends up accusing their partner of what they do reflecting their no good on the other party !

you seem to get very personal when people "chose" to push your button that's so large if I didn't I would trip over it - just as others have been known to do :D

Funny thing is, a cheater always ends up accusing their partner of what they do reflecting their no good on the other party !

Oh, so now I'm a "cheater", eh?.......... whatever that is supposed to mean. Somehow you seem to be suggesting that your personal attacks on others are OK but when it comes back at you, you simply **** your britches. You are a sad, pathetic case, man. Hey, go on....what sort of slobbering drivel will you have for me next........?

its an analogy I expected you to comprehend, and I'll re adjust my language to the correct level..

"your accusing me of what you do regularly" to justify ...

watch the 10/10 film sling blade :D:D

and calm down, take it easy, chill, loosen that belt, play nicely ;)

Last edited:
Back