DNG Color Profile

Talanis

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Xiaomi Yi
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums and I'm new to the Xiaomi Yi camera as well. Thanks to some members and a few good sites, I started hacking the camera and I like to be able to use RAW files. The colors with the integrated profile are a bit washed out though so I made a DNG color profile with the Color Checker Passport.

Here is the difference with the integrated profile and the one I use.
2016-01-14_0001.jpg

Attachments

• Xiaomi Yi.zip
    1 KB · Views: 164
Welcome to DCT forum !

i Found that when i Convert RAW 2 DNG i get Grain Flooding All over the Image How can i Decrease That ?

By using a noise reduction software? You get less noise in the JPEG because the noise reduction algorythm is very aggressive. A bit of noise is not that bad. I prefer having the control over how much NR I apply :)
You can do that in Lightroom/Photoshop or use a software like Neat Image or Noise Ninja

...where should i copy dcp file in lightroom?
Before we had lcp file in lightroom lens profiles with 2 new folders build?

Thanks @Talanis !
Your wonderful dcp file remove the color mask of the photo in magenta / yellow / orange.

where should i copy dcp file in my lightroom 5?

you should just need to google these: lightroom + dcp

...i have read many examples and i have made a folder in the accordingly root(/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Camera/xiaomiyi) and put in dcp file, but lightroom shows no selection for camera profiles not in develop or library index card! The lens filter profile from forum for xiaomi i can choose in the lens menu with many others, no problem.
Opened a dng file made by raw2dng app for mac provided here in thread. I can see no profile in camera calibration (but many profiles in folder root of adobe!), nothing is choosable(greyed out) only the standard profile of lightroom is set. Someone an idea. The made dng file of the raw file with app is ok and looks good, i want to test the camera profile of @Talanis

Last edited:
1- Open Lightroom and click on the Preferences Menu Item (in the Lightroom menu on Mac or in the Edit Menu on Windows)
2- Go to the Presets tab
3- Click on the box titled: Show Lightroom Presets Folder
4- Double Click on the "CameraRaw" Folder then double click on "CameraProfiles"
5- Copy the DCP file to that folder ("CameraProfiles")
6- Restart Lightroom

...thank you all is working now. Good colors now fotos made with xiaomi are better. Jpg fotos are not good enough, if you want the best of your fotos make it raw then export to dng and use good profiles in your software!

Hi,can i ask the photos u take on the above post ,isit edited??what script u used for that..

It is a RAW file converted to DNG then edited in Adobe Lightroom with the color profile linked in the original post. Hope it helps.

Hi Talanis,

It's excellent ! I'm a little bit curious, what is the process to build your own color correction ?

I simply used a Colorchecker Passport and their software to create the color profile. No tweaking.

Nice !
I should invest in that. Do you have the xrite model or does it works with a cheaper model ?

I have the X-Rite. I bought it when I was a professional photographer. I didn't use it that much but it was always helpful, especially in mix lighting.

Hey Talanis, are you still around dashcamtalk? Could you / would you share your color checker RAW images, maybe even in various lighting scenarios, pre-DNG? A lot of us are open-source users, and while I can reverse your dct with dcttool, I would love to be able to play around w/o having to buy an xtrite... Thanks!

Back