Do I need a battery pack for F770 on a brand new car?

cherrycokezero

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I recently ordered a Thinkware F770 along with it's optional rear camera. My plan is to hardwire it to use the parking features. What I'm not sure about is if it will be necessary to buy a battery pack to complete my setup. I'm going to be installing this in a brand new Audi. The car will be driven to work and back at least 5 times a week. I have a covered garage at home so I don't need it to record anything when at home but I do park in a public parking lot at work and want the parking features primarily while i'm at work (which can be up 16hr days sometimes).

Now given this is going in a brand new car with a brand new battery, will be be okay hardwiring it or should I look into a battery pack?

I’m in the same boat as you. Just bought a new car last week and ordered the F770. I think I’m going to order the Celllink and go that route and be done with worrying about it. My only concern is I drive about 15-20min to work each way and I’m not sure that will be enough time to recharge the Celllink after running in parking mode all day and night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in the same boat as you. Just bought a new car last week and ordered the F770. I think I’m going to order the Celllink and go that route and be done with worrying about it. My only concern is I drive about 15-20min to work each way and I’m not sure that will be enough time to recharge the Celllink after running in parking mode all day and night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Cellink B 2nd Gen hardwired for my F800 Pro and a Cellink Neo for my F700. 15-20 minute drive should be enough to charge your Cellink Neo (the Neo charges super fast). I can't tell you about the Cellink B 2nd Gen because it doesn't come with bluetooth for me to check its voltage daily.

Hi guys,

I recently ordered a Thinkware F770 along with it's optional rear camera. My plan is to hardwire it to use the parking features. What I'm not sure about is if it will be necessary to buy a battery pack to complete my setup. I'm going to be installing this in a brand new Audi. The car will be driven to work and back at least 5 times a week. I have a covered garage at home so I don't need it to record anything when at home but I do park in a public parking lot at work and want the parking features primarily while i'm at work (which can be up 16hr days sometimes).

Now given this is going in a brand new car with a brand new battery, will be be okay hardwiring it or should I look into a battery pack?

Unless you keep your single new car battery on a charger over night, I'd get the Cellink battery. This also gives you headroom later if you want to add a sound system or other electronic devices in your car. You could also use that money and purchase a 2nd car battery and install it in your trunk for more battery reserve if you don't want to get the Cellink Battery :)

This celllink company is overcharging the **** out of everyone. Here's a lithium iron battery, same capacity for $20 bucks. Only thing CellLink adds is the circuitry to allow for the battery to charge while powering the dashcam.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B073QQPKVY

I do feel the Cellink is dearer than it should be, it's not comparable to these types of powerbanks though

I don't see any technical information about why these batteries have to cost upwards of $300 bucks. The battery i linked to is also Lithium iron...the same battery tech in the celllink batteries.

I know they added some bluetooth wizardry to it with the NEO model but that doesn't justify the price either. I'd love to read some details about how exactly this battery is "safer" than any other well made lithium iron battery pack

I see they say it is, find it very hard to believe they'd be selling at a loss, sure the Cellink is over priced, it's not $20 worth of battery though
I actually just purchased the linked battery pack. Charging my phone with it right now. Let's see what the capacity actually turns out to be. It's definitely a very cheap powerbank for the price but I saw it on slickdeals and a lot of people had good things to say about it. Let's see how it turns out...

This celllink company is overcharging the **** out of everyone. Here's a lithium iron battery, same capacity for $20 bucks. Only thing CellLink adds is the circuitry to allow for the battery to charge while powering the dashcam.

Cellink Neo is Lithium Polymer and is SAFE in hot cars... the CHEAP Lithium Ion battery packs are NOT safe in hot cars thats one BIG difference...

Cellink Neo is Lithium Polymer and is SAFE in hot cars... the CHEAP Lithium Ion battery packs are NOT safe in hot cars thats one BIG difference...

Based on what though? The whole discussion I've seen on the CellLink is that it uses LiFePo4 battery tech which is heat stable compared to traditional rechargeable batteries. Here we have a $20 LiFePo4 battery so we're more or less dealing with the same temp range.

As for cheap...I have this thing in my hands and it is a solid powerbank. Does not feel cheap at all

I actually just purchased the linked battery pack. Charging my phone with it right now. Let's see what the capacity actually turns out to be. It's definitely a very cheap powerbank for the price but I saw it on slickdeals and a lot of people had good things to say about it. Let's see how it turns out...
be careful putting that thing in a hot car I would not trust that to be in a car running a Dashcam in park mode no way

And how fast does this pack charge? Under an hour or longer?
Do you get 12 V output from it?

I would say just try it without a 2nd battery first and see how long it last. It also depends on how long a drive you have everyday and if it's enough to bring your car battery back to a full charge (20 mins+ should do). From what I have read, the Thinkware is pretty low draw. I have a Blacksys CH200 in my S5 and it will last through the day (but I'm only in the office for about 8-9 hours).

Back