Do I need external battery?

Banji

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi,
I'm using my F800 Pro parking mode on a daily basis, 10 hours every day after almost one hour of driving.
My testing is showing that I'm going from full battery voltage to 12.3V once I'm back to my car at the evening.
Can I run with this setup with out severe impact on my battery lifespan? I have 70Ah AGM battery in my car.
Not sure if I will have major benefit to invest $300 on Cellink NEO.

10 hours should be OK, 24 hours can be a problem depending on how power efficient the camera is, how big the car battery is, and how good the car is at recharging the car battery.

An AGM battery is normally happy to go down to 11.8 volts, I wouldn't worry about 12.3, at that voltage it is probably not charging very fast and is capable of providing a lot more power without problem.

If you want the battery to have a long life then you should ensure that it gets a 100% charge at least once every 3 months, preferably a 24 hour charge on a decent battery charger, or at least an overnight charge, alternatively 6 hours driving in one day should do it.

It is hard to see how a $300 Cellink Neo can save money, unless you drive a BMW which requires $300 car batteries, and even then it is going to take over 10 years before you are in profit. Also, we don't know how long a Cellink Neo will last, 3 years, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years? Since it charges rather rapidly for the size of battery I would be doubtful of the 10 years, in which case it is not worth it, then the only reason for the Neo is to increase your battery capacity so that you don't keep running out, if you are not running out then there is no need for it.

Many thanks for very detailed answer.
I'm charging my battery to 100% with my Ctek external charger every weekend so I should be OK.

Last edited:
Back