Do not buy this faulty product until a major firmware update

tarkus

Reaction score
Country
Australia
You'll definitely regret it.

For many people this product is unusable for the basic functions we bought it for. Constant beeps during driving which makes me frustrated beyond belief and unreliable parking mode. Look at any number of the threads in this forum.

Some vendor posters who do not use the product will try to blame the users with their generic suggestions, but it has been proven beyond doubt that it is not user error or faulty SD cards that are causing these problems.

This is a terrible product and the fact that VIOFO do not even recognise the problem let alone try fix is disgusting.

I bought mine in Nov'19.
I love mine, it had the best quality 4K at the time (if not still) and was 3 times cheaper than the next best thing.
I have no problems with mine since the v1.2ACC update (updated this from v1.1, 2 days after I bought it), currently using 2.0, no random beeps, no missing footage, no unexpected parking mode shut down.

You won't find praise in these forums, there are actually a lot of satisfied customers out there with no issues, but you won't find them here because they have nothing to complain about.

It really is most of the time, slow SD cards, wrong wiring, low battery voltage.

I have two, and they both work.

Rare bleeps - I think I have had 3 since installing both, the first one in August 2019...

Reactions: EGS
I had beep issues in some of the beta firmwares but now on fw v2.0 and it seems working just fine now.

I love mine, it had the best quality 4K at the time (if not still) and was 3 times cheaper than the next best thing.
As far as I am aware, it is still by far the best in good daylight, roughly the same as the much more expensive Thinkware U1000 at night.
Certainly my favorite for image quality.

Have it for 6 month or so, no issues. Depending on which model of VIOFO you buy, can give you different results. See attached file....

Lots of issue have to do with settings, battery condition, improper grounding, how the card is formatted and inserted.
Of course, there can be quality issue at manufacturing and premature failure. Which is true for all products. Hopefully, it doesn't exceed 5 to 2 percent of units sold.

Check your SD card. I alway use VIOFO to format, no other method. No issue. Try reseated the card, as connection can be intermittent.
VIOFO recommended high-quality UHS-I U1/U3 or above rating microSD card with 64G or 128G. Please format your microSD card to FAT32 before use.

Depending on firmware version, 256 and/or 512 not supported, in that it not tested for reliability. I have the 256 with version 1.3, no issue for 6 months of use and only use VIOFO camera to format. I use the built in reminder to reformat every 60 days.

As for environment, the unit is permanently installed in the vehicle for past 6 months, regardless of weather, hot or cold and temperature and keep on running.

Attachments

• The difference between A119 A119S and A119 Pro _ VIOFO Support Center.pdf
    67.2 KB · Views: 27
  • What are the differences among parking modes, parking motion detection, parking G-sensor, and ...pdf
    59.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Yeah, if I had to buy the camera a second time, my choice wouldn't fall on viofo.
Price does not correspond to quality. Now I'm counting on it to break down quickly.

Maybe you got a lemon unit? Try to get a replacement from the seller as it should have 1-year warranty.

Maybe you got a lemon unit? Try to get a replacement from the seller as it should have 1-year warranty.
Within a month, I replaced the almost entire unit (front camera and gps), and without any improvement.
I think the device is very underdeveloped

Within a month, I replaced the almost entire unit (front camera and gps), and without any improvement.
I think the device is very underdeveloped

Or it could be the car it is in. There are forum posts which say some cars and cans just don't get in with each other.

It's usually easiest to blame the can, when sometimes it's not the cam but t hat it's connected up inside of. Believe me, that does happen...

I had beep issues in some of the beta firmwares but now on fw v2.0 and it seems working just fine now.
Where can I find the latest 2.0 firmware?

Is the official 2.0 firmware or a beta with No Beeps but same problems?

Thanks for the replies.

Good to hear it's working well for some people. For the people with the device working perfectly, could you please help out by giving some details:
- Recording resolution
- Parking mode type
- SD card make and model
- Do you regularly manually format your SD card

I would disagree with the concept that we can blame a car model for faulty functioning of the unit. If this was the case, VIOFO should give warning against certain car models. I personally have mine wired via HK3 hardwire kit, to a Cellink NEO. The dashcam has no idea what car it's in. It's also been suggested that its too hot in some cars; again more nonsense, if the unit should be able to function in the temperature ranges a normal car goes through.

Someone even suggested it might be worse in black cars because of the heat which is absolutely ridiculous. My car is silver, fyi.

Thanks for the replies.

Good to hear it's working well for some people. For the people with the device working perfectly, could you please help out by giving some details:
- Recording resolution
- Parking mode type
- SD card make and model
- Do you regularly manually format your SD card

I would disagree with the concept that we can blame a car model for faulty functioning of the unit. If this was the case, VIOFO should give warning against certain car models. I personally have mine wired via HK3 hardwire kit, to a Cellink NEO. The dashcam has no idea what car it's in. It's also been suggested that its too hot in some cars; again more nonsense, if the unit should be able to function in the temperature ranges a normal car goes through.

Someone even suggested it might be worse in black cars because of the heat which is absolutely ridiculous. My car is silver, fyi.

There are a lot of variables to running a Dash Camera:

1. Is your sd card Legit? Or a Knock Off?
2. Is your sd card compatible? There are known issues with some brands and models. I.E. Sandisk Ultra Plus

Troubleshooting:

1. Have you tested using the 12V socket and not hardwiring to see if issues remain? Lots of times, there's use error involved in camera malfunctions
2. Can you replicate the same problem over and over? Under what conditions do they happen?
3. Have other people experienced the same problem? If not it's always possible user error or a faulty unit is involved.

There are a lot of variables to running a Dash Camera:

1. Is your sd card Legit? Or a Knock Off?
2. Is your sd card compatible? There are known issues with some brands and models. I.E. Sandisk Ultra Plus

Troubleshooting:

1. Have you tested using the 12V socket and not hardwiring to see if issues remain? Lots of times, there's use error involved in camera malfunctions
2. Can you replicate the same problem over and over? Under what conditions do they happen?
3. Have other people experienced the same problem? If not it's always possible user error or a faulty unit is involved.
Thanks for the reply.

1. I have tried both Samsung Endurance Pro and Sandisk Endurance, both brand new. Are there other SD cards that are more high quality than these?
2. Why should I have to test a 12V socket? Why doesn't the official hardwire kit work as advertised?
3. Yes, the dashcam gives constant beeps. Other people have experienced the same problem, see other threads in this forum.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the reply.

1. I have tried both Samsung Endurance Pro and Sandisk Endurance, both brand new. Are there other SD cards that are more high quality than these?
2. Why should I have to test a 12V socket? Why doesn't the official hardwire kit work as advertised?
3. Yes, the dashcam gives constant beeps. Other people have experienced the same problem, see other threads in this forum.

Any other suggestions?
1. I recommend getting one with an A1, or maybe A2 rating, A1 should be sufficient. I don't know what your issue is, so I can't guarantee that an A1 rated card will solve the issue, but beeping can be due to a slow card response, and A1 rating should ensure a card that responds fast enough. The issue is unlikely to be related to the card write speed, A and C ratings are totally different things, cards without an A rating only guarantee an average speed given that writes are well buffered by the camera, not that they will keep up at all times while writing multiple video streams with buffering provided by the card. It can clearly work without an A rated card, but not all cards have the same performance even if they appear identical, the A rating does provide more certainty.

2. The hardwire kit should be OK, but it is worth a check with the supplied power adaptor, just to rule out the hardwire kit being the problem.

3. Haven't seen many reports of this since 2.0 came out, not sure if that is because the problem has been solved, or because people are waiting quietly for a fix. From the posts above I suspect most people are now OK? In which case it is more likely related to your memory card...

Back