Do not buy this faulty product until a major firmware update

1. I recommend getting one with an A1, or maybe A2 rating, A1 should be sufficient. I don't know what your issue is, so I can't guarantee that an A1 rated card will solve the issue, but beeping can be due to a slow card response, and A1 rating should ensure a card that responds fast enough. The issue is unlikely to be related to the card write speed, A and C ratings are totally different things, cards without an A rating only guarantee an average speed given that writes are well buffered by the camera, not that they will keep up at all times while writing multiple video streams with buffering provided by the card. It can clearly work without an A rated card, but not all cards have the same performance even if they appear identical, the A rating does provide more certainty.

2. The hardwire kit should be OK, but it is worth a check with the supplied power adaptor, just to rule out the hardwire kit being the problem.

3. Haven't seen many reports of this since 2.0 came out, not sure if that is because the problem has been solved, or because people are waiting quietly for a fix. From the posts above I suspect most people are now OK? In which case it is more likely related to your memory card...
What are SD cards which would meet your specifications? Last I checked the Samsung Endurance is the highest rated card in the market.

Thanks for the reply.

1. I have tried both Samsung Endurance Pro and Sandisk Endurance, both brand new. Are there other SD cards that are more high quality than these?
2. Why should I have to test a 12V socket? Why doesn't the official hardwire kit work as advertised?
3. Yes, the dashcam gives constant beeps. Other people have experienced the same problem, see other threads in this forum.

Any other suggestions?

1. Sandisk High Endurance / Sandisk A2 Extreme are cards I run. I have 2 x Sandisk A2 Extremes in Viofo cameras running without issue. I believe the Sandisk High Endurance should be fine, too. I have those in another camera (beta testing), but temporarily used the High Endurance in the Viofo while I troubleshooted the other camera.

2. You should troubleshoot the 12V to see if the issue remains or goes away. If the issue goes away, there's always the possibility you hardwired things improperly or faulty hardwire kit. I'll give you a prime example. Cars today run Canbus. I hardwired my camera to the 12V socket. Nothing else listed in the manual utilizing it so sounded good. Well I kept coming out to my car and finding the camera turning itself on and off randomly. The 12V socket fuse was tied to my alarm, even though the manual mentioned nothing about the issue. I moved the fuse and everything works perfect on my A129 Duo. Yes, I know this is a Pro Camera.

3. Constant Beeps often can arise from an SD card issue or a hardwiring problem.

SD Card Issue - Verify the cards you have are legit. Did you buy them from a reputable Source? Lots of fakes out there. Also is the Sandisk the High Endurance card?

Hardwire Issue - Does Parking Mode not work? Or does the beeping occur whether driving or parked? Please elaborate further here under what conditions this happens.

I know the Samsung card is legit because it was sent to me directly by Samsung after an RMA. My Sandisk card is also high endurance.

Parking mode works as it should, as in it starts after the car shuts off. Beeping occurs after card is full, very well documented in these forums.

I know the Samsung card is legit because it was sent to me directly by Samsung after an RMA. My Sandisk card is also high endurance.

Parking mode works as it should, as in it starts after the car shuts off. Beeping occurs after card is full, very well documented in these forums.

What model samsung card? Also, only other thought is try an A2 Extreme in the camera. I believe the High Endurance cards are Class 10. I've never had issues on my A129 Duo with an A2 Extreme in over a year. Only ran the High Endurance in my Viofo a short time, but no troubles.

On the Pro, has adjusing the loop settings made any difference? I.E. 3 minutes, 5 minutes, etc?

As mentioned above, my card is the Samsung Endurance model, which is the model to be used for dashcams. It's the highest quality card on the market for dashcams.

It's not the SD cards. It's the dashcam.

As mentioned above, my card is the Samsung Endurance model, which is the model to be used for dashcams. It's the highest quality card on the market for dashcams.

It's not the SD cards. It's the dashcam.

I meant what model Endurance Sandisk? High Endurance? Very well could be the dash camera. Try setting loop recording to different times and see if any changes. Otherwise, maybe the camera is faulty. If other's are having the issue too, then a firmware udpate is needed per your topic.

FYI: According to VIOFO firmware sites, 256 and higher is not supported or recommended. If you are using those sizes, try 128 or less to see if it helps. However I am using 256, but my model may not be the same as yours: Comes with V1.3

VIOFO 2020 A129 PRO Dual Channel Ultra 4K Dash Camera with GPS

I replaced my camera to a129 duo without pro i could not stand it anymore. Viofo last time !

I replaced my camera to a129 duo without pro i could not stand it anymore. Viofo last time !

The Duo is a solid Camera. I own two and neither have had any issues in over the year plus of ownership.

What are your major concerns with the Viofo A129 Pro?

As posted in other forum areas..... No issue with my unit.

Maybe be more careful with the 4K bug.
I only got my first 4K action camera this year, but they have been out for a while. ( and its still not perfect as most 4K action cameras will overheat pretty easy )
4K dashcam i am not going for anytime soon, i acknowledge 4K it is the future in dashcams, but i will pass for now.

Personally i would like to see dual 1440p cameras for now.

Back