Do some micro SD cards not fit?

Artook

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have inserted a micro SD card into the camera but it seems to be only half in. When I push the card in there is a resistance like a spring and the card kicks out with most of back of card out of the camera? is this an issue or no?

the card only fit one way, if you have it the other way around it can not be fully inserted, the card should have a little spring resistance when inserted in the correct orientation.
If it get ejected you just haven't pushed it deep enough, there usually is a little "click"

Many of us have ejected one of these little suckers, and many have not found the damn thing again.

The way the card slots are, most often you need to use a nail, and this is where cards can launch unintentionally, i think in the past 8 years or so i have spend 2-3 hours on my hands and knees looking for memory cards in the car, outside the car ( had one launch out the open door onto pea sized gravel ) and in my living room which is the most easy as i have little furniture and a hardwood floor.

One of the reasons I bring the whole dashcam in to offload the footage.

Which has a knock on requirement that the dashcam needs to be easily mounted / dismounted without having to adjust the angle every time.

Always the last mm / fraction of a inch, thats the problem.

Many of us have ejected one of these little suckers, and many have not found the damn thing again.
I put a small piece of tape onto my SD card to create a handle which makes it much easier to keep up with. I have found a U.S. nickel is just the right thickness for pressing on my SD card to insert/remove it from my SG cam.

Attachments

• SD card with tape handle.jpg
    SD card with tape handle.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 5
Yep a security measure many of us use, crawling on hands and knees for 30 minutes on pea sized granite gravel looking for a memory card, that is no fun at all, borderline torture.

I would never attempt to insert or remove a card with the cam mounted.

One of my buying requirements is a dashcam that easily lifts off its mount to bring indoors.

Back