do you leave the cam in your vehicle when it is hot?

What would you suggest?
Not much you can do battling physics.

I have to unclip the dashcam each time if I decided to put on the sunshade. Another alternate solution is placing the external type sunshade outside the windshield.

Either one of those would work. External sunshade would keep both the vehicle and dashcam cooler. You're in Canada though so it's not like you'll be dealing with Australia, Arizona/Nevada levels of heat.

Looks like I have to get of the those external sunshade if I am afraid of breaking the mounting clip between the dashcam and the gps mount.

Those external sunshade (depends the style and material) can reflect the sunlight from outside and block the heat going inside the window glass.

Im leaving my a119 in my car daily at open parking area. Even soaked the car in the open parking area for 3 days without any shade. A119 still working great for 10 months.

Cover mentioned above, thin strong polyester, , silver on one side, black on other, summer/winter.
wings to tuck in door, I tucked under wipers.cover.jpg

see above link

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 7
I have checked out of these external sunshade in the last couple of days, seems functional.

I may get one of these as well an they have different style as well. The only concern is the bird poo :ROFLMAO:, I do not want to put the sunshade back to the car when they are still fresh.

my a119 is about to start its THIRD summer in the texas heat. i never remove my camera from the windshield, and so far the only "problem" i have is that the metal ring around the lens has faded from black to a sort of burnt orange color. the camera itself still works fine. this winter i changed from a 64gb samsung evo card to a 128gb samsung evo card. no issues once formatted in the camera.

one thing to consider - if you use parking mode, then an external sun shade will render the camera useless.

as i said in this other thread: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/sunshade-vs-dashcam.33671/

my a119 is about to start its THIRD summer in the texas heat. i never remove my camera from the windshield, and so far the only "problem" i have is that the metal ring around the lens has faded from black to a sort of burnt orange color. the camera itself still works fine. this winter i changed from a 64gb samsung evo card to a 128gb samsung evo card. no issues once formatted in the camera.

one thing to consider - if you use parking mode, then an external sun shade will render the camera useless.

Can these two threads just be merged if there is cross posting going on between the two of them?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V A119 3
Back