Do you let battery drain when not in vehicle for a few days?

nworker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wondering what most do when they use a battery like the Cellink NEO and leave your car at the airport for a few days or even home an the battery runs dead. Do you unhook or turn off battery when you know you won't be using vehicle within 24 hours or do you just let it go dead.

Battery pack will not charge and should not be wired to charge when parked, will drain the battery if left for a few days. Nullifies the point of getting one of these if the main battery gets drained. If you need to record for a few days, check out their battery expansion packs.

There's no need to unhook the battery for a short period, it's recommended if being left parked for 3 weeks or more.

Thanks. I have it wired correctly. I was just curious how people were using them. If they were not in their vehicle for a few days if they just let the battery die vs. powering it off. I noticed in some pictures people mount these batteries in their trunk or in hidden places which would make it tough for them to power the battery off. I have the Cellink NEO. It would be nice if it supported some wiring that would allow you to put it on a rocker switch on the dash. Then you could hide the battery.

If my car is left for a few days i leave the car as is, battery on and then drive to recharge, not noticed any difference in operating or charging cycle.

Back