Do you need a certain HDMI Micro cable to use with the Git2?

ilovemygit2

Reaction score
Country
United States
I want to use the Git2 as a baby monitor with a monitor in the next room. I saw this video where a guy plugged in his Git2 into a monitor with an HDMI micro cable.

But when I plug my camera in, there is nothing but digital static on the screen. Is there a particular cable needed or a setting in the camera that needs to be set to display on monitor?

I have the latest v1.8 firmware from the Gitup website.

No i think its just a regular micro HDMI cable, but i don't think anything display while recording, you probably have to stop recording or change the camera to playback mode to get a picture.
The guy in your video dont seem to be recording meanwhile, but he do have a live feed alright it seem.

I think it should work OK, since it is designed for use on model aircraft to record and transmit live video, but it is a while since I looked at that and I can't remember the details.

It can support HDMI output while recording except 2160P resolution. Regular Micro HDMI cable is OK.

I have tried all resolutions, all shutter speeds, I get nothing but garbage output on my monitor. I am on the latest firmware. Is there a confirmed working firmware version?

I have tried all resolutions, all shutter speeds, I get nothing but garbage output on my monitor. I am on the latest firmware. Is there a confirmed working firmware version?
I think there is a PAL/NTSC option...

I watched the vid using close-captioning and auto-translation, but found nothing to suggest that he did anything more than connect them with an HDMI cable. Maybe you've got a bad cable? That's the only thing I can think of. He did mention that some people were having problems getting this cam to "fire" which I suppose in Italian refers to the cam creating output or maybe that refers to it starting up. Dunno.

Phil.

I have a Lumix G85 that works fine with the same exact cable so I don't think that's the problem.

Back