Do you turn WDR on?

mealto

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Who has done some testing and keeps WDR on?

I normally keep video stock and post process but dashcam videos may not be treated like this. Anyone do some testing?

For A119, we heard Novatek improved HDR for OV4689, we will take some time to sync the latest SDK to check the HDR performance.

For A119, we heard Novatek improved HDR for OV4689, we will take some time to sync the latest SDK to check the HDR performance.

Hi there. Sorry I am not familiar with the insides of the A119V2. Is the Novatek OV4689 the chipset inside the A119 V1 & V2?

Hi there. Sorry I am not familiar with the insides of the A119V2. Is the Novatek OV4689 the chipset inside the A119 V1 & V2?
Novatek is the chipset manufacturer, OV 4689 is the image sensor. Different manufacturers.

I see. I am not sure I should keep WDR on. Any thoughts from anyone who has tested this in detail?

for now I have WDR off. There was not that much of a difference from what I was getting, and from what I understand it puts more of a load on the Camera chipset. I like the idea of post process of the video if needed.

Wdr On...Off ?which is your setting ?

I've done tests with few dash cameras and honestly haven't noticed much of a difference with it on and off , in testing. That could be just me though - so I tend to just leave it turned off

Is the next official firmware coming out with HDR?, I might need to upgrade from the beta firmware soon.

Back