Documentation on A119S A/V Port

packrat1969

Reaction score
Country
United States
Would someone be able to point me towards any documentation for the A119S that discusses the A/V port on the side of the camera? Is there a video signal available here? If so, what format is the signal? NTSC? PAL? Something else? Has anyone ever connected an external monitor to this port? Assuming there is a video out signal, what kind of cable is needed? Any relevant info appreciated.

packrat

You might search the forum. I believe someone showed how the connected their camera to their OEM factory car screen.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Would someone be able to point me towards any documentation for the A119S that discusses the A/V port on the side of the camera? Is there a video signal available here? If so, what format is the signal? NTSC? PAL? Something else? Has anyone ever connected an external monitor to this port? Assuming there is a video out signal, what kind of cable is needed? Any relevant info appreciated.

packrat

1. This thread: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/video-cable.21275/#post-27952.
2. Yes there is a video signal, and L & R audio (A119 is mono). Video is an analog composite video standard definition TV signal. Image is same as that seen on the A119/A119S LCD screen.
3. Format is PAL (menu Frequency setting = 50Hz) or NTSC (menu Frequency setting = 60Hz).
4. Yes, I have connected it to a NTSC only TV - cable is 4-pin 3.5mm plug to 3 color coded (yellow, red, white) RCA plugs - connect to TV or AV input RCA jacks, or other accessory cable if the AV input connector(s) are not RCA jacks.
5. Cable wiring described later in referenced thread here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/video-cable.21275/#post-298099. One off the shelf cable is one compatible with Apple ibook AV cable, but make sure chosen cable fits the depression around the A119S AV output jack. Be careful, all AV inputs and outputs are not wired the same to the RCA jacks and plugs.

Back