DOD F500LHD, F500L

DashCamMan

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
We have started an FAQ for this camera on the main site. It includes recommended places to buy, firmware updates, known issues and resolutions.

http://dashcamtalk.com/dod-f500lhd/

This thread is to discuss anything and everything about this camera. Feel free to post questions and we will do our best to respond.

We have added the latest firmware to our site for the DOD F500LHD and F500L. V8.9 T2L-KH

I addition to "1920x1080" resolution, my F500LHD has "1920x1080 is" (or maybe "ls" or "1s"). What is this resolution?

Thanks

Hi igtrnt,

I believe it is 15 not is or 1s. This means 15fps. Stick with the 1920x1080 resolution since it records at 30fps.

Thanks, DashCamMan, for answering my questions.

Looks like original DOD's have V5.13 T2L-GH firmware, whereas many neutral have V8.9 T2L-KH (or lower).
Do you know if there is any difference between GH and KH firmware?
In particular, is upside down 720p image quality fixed in V5.13 T2L-GH?

Hi, I have a GH firmware camera and upside down recordings seem ok to me, I don't know if there are any differences from the KH firmware since this is the only F500LHD I got, anyway this is the menu list:

In video recording mode:

size
EV
white b
contrast
sharpness
effetct
scene
duration
recycle
usb in
shutdown
video flip
motion det.
mic

Available recording formats are: 320x240/640x480/848x480/1280x720/1440x1080/1920x1080 15/1920x1080

in pictures mode:

size
EV
quality
white b
contrast
sharpness
effect
scene
iso
selftimer
burst

Available sizes are 5M, 8M and 12M

in settings:

volume
date
clock
stamp
format
sys. reset
auto off
light freq.
language
version

This camera has 5.12 T2L-GH firmware.

The DOD and neutral F500LHD originally came with the v8.9 T2L-KH or lower firmware. Recently, the new version of this camera is coming with the T2L-GH firmware. The T2L-KH is quite proven and very popular. The new T2L-GH appears to be quite similar in terms of performance but there hasn't been as many purchases yet to confirm the overall quality.

New Cool (one of this sites recommended sellers) is selling the new software (5.12T2L-GH):

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 18564.html

Though in the fine print it says it is The Firmware Version: V6.9 T2L-KH that can be upgraded!?

====

ShenZhen Saddle Technology Co., Ltd.

gives you a choice between these two versions (neutral for the earlier, DOD for the later)

=====

Shenzhen CG Electronics Co., Ltd. sells V7.8 T2L-KH

URL too long to paste here. It claims allot of the V6.9's are fakes!

=====

estore009
sells V6.9 T2L-KH and claims allot of the V6.8 T2L-KH are fakes

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 0672647481

estore009 has two (recommended) sites. But the(first?) sells the 2nd version of this DVR. Apparently the difference is a longer power cord in the newest (3rd) model, and an extra bracket whatever that means.

=============

Allot of the specs say the lens in 7.0 (4.5 is optional ????!!)

I am guessing that you actually get the 4.5 with this model, or is there an extra extra wide angle version.

===================

I am leaning to getting the 7.8 but it says it is the DOD with neutral packaging , but it sounds like that is ok, if I understand this sites description of models.

Last edited by a moderator:
KH is the older model and GH is the newer model. Firmware is not compatible. A lot of info is available on the KH model, not as much on the GH. The KH is the safer bet.

Back