DOD LS300W doesn't get past logo screen

Kaitlyn

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It's winter so hard to say for sure, but it SEEMS to be in cold weather that my LS300W will not boot with the car. It just gets the green DOD logo on the scren and seems to stay on as long as the "3 minute screen-off delay" I have - but it never gets to actually recording anything.

It seems I can fiddle around with pressing/holding the power button later and it will eventually turn on/record as expected.

Any other time, when it turns on with the car it goes to recording mode very quickly.

Anyone else experience this or have ideas? I could RMA it to DOD but that means cost + delay of sending it in and waiting for fix, not having ANY dashcam during that time...

Same issue but it occurs even when it isn't cold. The camera has started recording even when it was -45 outside but it stays stuck on the logo screen for some reason.

Same issue but it occurs even when it isn't cold. The camera has started recording even when it was -45 outside but it stays stuck on the logo screen for some reason.
-45 might be outside of the specs

I had same when using sandisk and Kingston sd cards changed to adata and not had any problems since.

dpick1947

Back