DOD LS400W

GuidoFL

Reaction score
Country
United States
After struggling with this unit for 3 days I'm returning it to Amazon for a refund. Nothing but problems and a crummy manual. Unit froze up on a 10 mile trip and wouldn't reboot. I'm using the SanDisk 32 mg class 10 card by the way. I was expecting much better from a mid priced unit ! :evil:

How can/ do you format the SD card correctly ? I used the format choice in the unit, is that correct ?? I hate to admit defeat on this unit !

As you probably saw, I also got my LS400W recently. I purchased Transcend 32G card and formatting was done via menu with no problem rigth out of the box. I am in VERY hot climate and i dont have any issues. May be your specific sample is deffecfive?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

DoD products seem to either be good or bad. It seems like there's no quality control, so you're basically taking a gamble.

dvas said:
I am in VERY hot climate and i dont have any issues. May be your specific sample is deffecfive?

dvas - possible to post a video or a still from your sample? Mine is blurry after heating up.

Thank you.

Strange, how one same model can be so different for many people. My LS400W was fine when I bought it and I was very happy with the picture, apart from having troubles with the suction pad connection which I had in the end to use pliers to twist and seat it into place. Not very good for quick removal at all. Then a month or so later we finally start to get a dam good summer, but unfortunately, my device started to pack up, the picture froze and no buttons worked and on one occasion the device just switched off! :evil: Turns out that at around 30°C my devise becomes useless! So annoying, my previous generic model, although the picture wasn't so good, never ever packed up no matter how hot.

fortuner said:
apart from having troubles with the suction pad connection which I had in the end to use pliers to twist and seat it into place. Not very good for quick removal at all.

I had the same issue. It is not intended for quick removal as they state.

mordred said:
I had the same issue. It is not intended for quick removal as they state.
I don't know where you read that but it clearly states the opposite on the manufacturers website and should obviously be the case anyway, should you need to take it home to transfer the files to your computer.

Bracket Patent with Quick-Release Design
The patented bracket with quick-release design is easy to disassemble and reassemble. The joints can be tilted or rotated, allowing Car DVRs to be easily position adjusted.

http://www.dod-tech.com/dm.php?prod=LS400W.jpg

As mine clearly doesn't 'Quick-Release' and it certainly isn't easy to use a pair of pliers while the device is attached to the screen, the only other way is to undo the long screw, take the screw out and pull it down that way.

Good picture as the LS400W is, I'm quickly becoming disappointed with it, particularly as it's not being able to stand the heat so am now looking at the 'Vico-TF2+ Premium'. Which appears to be very much recommended.

Last edited by a moderator:
My LS400W work for past 2 month without any problems .
Firmware version LS400W20130461
SanDisk Ultra 32 GB microSDHC Class 10.
I did contact DOD for Firmware update I was told that they will open RMA than, I need to pay $35 to DOD CANADA for service call and sent unit to devise center in NY. Shipping back is free.

My only problem with LS400W that 3M mount is not available. By info from DOD 3M mount is in work.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376113881.937425.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376113881.937425.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 190
Back