DOD LS460W is also known as the nextbase 402G professional, but what about Nextbase 512G

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So i have seen on techmoan that the DOD LS460W is also known as Nextbase 402G.

The Nextbase 402G is very easy for me to get hold of, but i have seen a Nextbase 512G

Does anyone know anything about this dashcam and is it a newer model?

The 402G is the LS430 not the 460 :)

It does look like it's a similar base but with a built in CPL filter to help with reflections which is a bonus over the DOD LS460.

I had two faulty 460s which suffered focus problems even in the slight UK heat - I've not seen any reports of this new Nextbase but you wouldn't find out until next summer whether it's an issue here or not!

They're good on the marketing the DOD and Nextbase folks but it's not the worlds first at anything as the Russian's would have them beaten - Street Storm had one with a CPL built in for a while before this came along and lots of the Korean cameras have CPLs which bolt straight on - it's not a bad thing though as CPLs are useful for cars with reflection problems.

They're good on the marketing the DOD and Nextbase folks but it's not the worlds first at anything as the Russian's would have them beaten - Street Storm had one with a CPL built in for a while before this came along and lots of the Korean cameras have CPLs which bolt straight on .

they're about 3 years late to the party to be world firsts

so looks like is the DOD LS460W in different body, both has exactly the same lens/mount and motherboard...

Pros for Nextbase 512G:
+ CPL filter mount

Pros for DOD LS460W:
+ more settings in the menu (Time-Lapse , Speed warning, LED light,)
+ recording quality looks is more warm and sharper than nextbase,
+ not sure about price but so far LS460W cost 129GBP nextbase 149GBP,
+ warranty for DOD is 2 years (Nextbase 1year)

both cameras are possibly nr1 in recording quality so far,

the next is solution of A12 + AR0230@105dB that will be something big, the world first camera with real WDR and DR-PIX™ technology (Dynamic Response Pixel)!

Last edited:
AR0230 do sound intresting me thinks ( just been looking at PDF ) but i only saw >96dB

Any one brewing on that A12 and AR0230 ?

So thats what was used in that A12 video, was wondering what CMOS was used alongside the A12.

Back