DOD RC500S..awesome IQ so why is it not more popular?

Discussion in 'DOD RC500S' started by shaolin95, Nov 27, 2017.

1. shaolin95

shaolin95 New Member

United States
    I have been researching dual cameras like crazy and was thinking on other brands until I saw a comparison showing this one and from the videos it blew away the rest yet it seems hard to find for purchase and not much info about it.
    So I am wondering, is there a big issue that people is staying away from it?

2. mexiwi

mexiwi New Member

Australia
    Had firmware issues early on, mostly fixed now.

Image quality is superb

shaolin95 likes this.
  3. shaolin95

shaolin95 New Member

United States
    Sweet so sounds like buying one now is a good option. Have you seen any dual camera that can match this one's IQ for less or similar?
    Drivers keep getting worst so i want to have a camera ASAP.
    Thanks!!!

4. Nath

Nath New Member

Germany
    Same here but absence of buffered parking mode is pretty crucial (at least for me).

shaolin95 likes this.
  5. shaolin95

shaolin95 New Member

United States
    Oh so if someone hits the car they have a chance of getting away before it gets recorded, right?
    If that is so, then yeah that is not good. What do you recommend for dual cameras with as close as possible to this image quality from the RC500s? Or am I thinking to much about IQ (I am a photographer) when something like a Mini 0906 would do just fine ????

6. Nath

Nath New Member

Germany
    Actually i'm in the same situation as you. I was thinking about F800/F800Pro but IQ looks kinda bad to me. Then i've noticed probably same video in which the RC500S is definetly the winner, so i started some digging and found out there isn't a pre-buffered feature (yeah, when somebody hits your car you get just a record of a car which grinds around, nothing what you can use...)

At this moment i don't know what camera is usable. (and i searched at all price levels)

7. shaolin95

shaolin95 New Member

United States
    Ouch, this is becoming a frustrating researching. I was now looking at this one but didnt see anything about buffered parking mode.

LUKAS QVIA AR790

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2017
  8. Nath

Nath New Member

Germany
    Yeah, LUKAS cameras looked promising, especially because i liked the idea about collecting an OBD information from the car. But if i remember correctly, the IQ wasn't anything special as well...

I'm not Blackvue fan, but DR900S looks pretty good. (at least the front channel) Unfortunatelly we have to wait.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 8:10 AM
  9. shaolin95

shaolin95 New Member

United States
    I read on a reply from November in Amazon that a buffer parking option will be added via firmware for the RC500S. I hope this is true. If so, I may just wait for that,

10. SawMaster

SawMaster Well-Known Member

United States
    Dash Cam:
    Mobius, G1W-S, G1W-HC, WR-1, G1W clone, and more to come!
    Many cam brands aren't marketed in the US (and other places) which makes finding info on them tough, and getting service and support even tougher. Some will not even ship to here directly but there are ways around that. The end result is that we miss out on some good cams and they miss out on some sales :( It's the manufacturer's choice to do this- we just get the results of that. If you can find a Country where the cam is popular you might search the cam forums they frequent and use google translate to overcome any language barriers as best you can ;)

Phil

Xplore likes this.
  11. Nath

Nath New Member

Germany
    I hope so. Unfortunatelly this cam was announced a year ago (if i'm not mistaken) so why they plan to add this feature now? It sounds a bit like "we'll add that soon, so just buy it..." I'm skeptical about it.