DOD RX7W+

timwebb2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have bought a DoD mirror cam with optional GPS mouse.
I think its great and can recommend it.
Regards Tim.

Have you experienced any shaking of the camera mirror Tim? Mine seems to do it and I suspect it happens because of the extra weight added to the original mirror. Velcro straps seem to hold very well.

Hi,
the mirror seems secure with the velcro straps but still seems to shake or vibrate at times, when I am stopped and my car is idling.
I agree it must be due to the extra weight added to the original mirror.
I had another mirror cam before this and this used rubber straps, see link, this seemed better.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171573651439

Ok cheers for reply, how was the overall quality compared to DOD? I am considering to change mine and order 460W instead. The shaking isn't very nice thing especially with coilovers :)

Hi,
I also have the 430W and got fed up with having to unplug it every time I parked. So I now leave the mirror cam in permanently.
Here is a link comparing 460w and 430w
http://www.dod-tec.co/dod-ls460w-vs-dod-ls430w-comparison-test-review

Having used the 430w and the RX7w+, I would say the 430w gives better results.
Plus you only need one cable plugged in to power it as it has built in GPS module and takes 64gb micro SD card.
The card must be formatted in a PC first.

By the way the mirror cam needs a micro usb connector but the 430w used a mini usb.
So I bought one of these so I can use the same power cable for both.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381065881225
Hope this helps.

Thanks again Tim! I would be using mirror mount with 460W so it wouldn't be too noticeable. Going to leave it permanently in if I'm ever going to get it. Put some soft cloth in between the mirrors now and going for a test drive soon hoping for good results.

Do you think that the results are worth to be trusted? I saw this review but it's made by DOD so maybe they are just trying to sell more new units by showing how much "better" they are?

RX8W and 460W are both taking 64GB if the card is formatted with special software. GPS module is built-in aswell.

If I will buy 460W and use it with mirror mount I hope the mirror won't start shaking again. The mirror camera is attached to the mirror part but the mount will be attached to the mirror "holder" or whatever that part is. I think the pivot point is shaking so if I will attach the holder between pivot and window (just like it is supposed to be attached) it should be fine.

Hi,

I never trust reviews from a company that are comparing their products and promoting the latest model that is bound to be better!

Let me know how you get on with the 460W, by the way I blanked out the name and logo etc on my 430w to make it less conspicuous.

Did you use some black marker or some chemical to blank out the texts?

Hi,
I used a black marker pen and black sticky tape, to cover up the white writing and logos.

Ok thanks, my first thought when I saw the camera was that there has to be a way of getting rid of those white texts :D If I'll get one it will be first thing to do!

Back