DOD RX8W mirror cam vs. DOD LS460W

Speed_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Hi guys looking at buying some DOD camera. Has anyone been able to test the new mirror camera RX8W or can some more experienced user tell me by specs how good is it compared to Ls460W?

Also, which would be cheapest and reliable place to buy one of these cameras? I live in Europe.

Thanks.

Hi I have the RX7W+ with optional GPS mouse and the LS460W.
I prefer the mirror cam as you can leave it connected rather than unplug the LSD60W every time you park.
Through RX8W appears to have built in gps but otherwise seems similar to the RX7W+.

Ok thanks, is the video quality and other functions of RX7W similiar to LS460W? Have you hardwired your cameras?

Hi the RX8W now records in MOV format as opposed to the RX7W's AVI format. Also the other new upgrades on the RX8W are it is slimmer (1cm), has the 5x GPS processor embedded (so you don't need the optional gps mouse), has a back light for the keypad and the screen is now 4.3" not 3".

that's a YouTube video link to show the video quality. You can buy from here

Ok cheers for detailed info. MOV format makes any practical difference or is it just different format?

Also thanks a lot for links to where to buy (also LS460W you posted before). Haven't been able to find this RX8W anywhere (in UK) as it is probably still so new.

Ok thanks, is the video quality and other functions of RX7W similiar to LS460W? Have you hardwired your cameras?
Hi,
the menus for the dashcams are exactly the same.
As is the video quality.
The advantage of the LS460W is that is has a GPS module built in and is on top of the camera.
The RX7W+ is cheaper than the LS460W but you have to pay out for the optional GPS mouse (as they call it), so the prices including this are the same.

If you want to try out a rearview mirror cam (and you are in the UK like me) I have a spare one of these:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301184951240
I am open to sensible offers if you are interested.
It did not come with the attractive young lady though ......

regards, Tim

Hi,
the menus for the dashcams are exactly the same.
As is the video quality.
The advantage of the LS460W is that is has a GPS module built in and is on top of the camera.
The RX7W+ is cheaper than the LS460W but you have to pay out for the optional GPS mouse (as they call it), so the prices including this are the same.

If you want to try out a rearview mirror cam (and you are in the UK like me) I have a spare one of these:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301184951240
I am open to sensible offers if you are interested.
It did not come with the attractive young lady though ......

regards, Tim

Sorry I meant to add it is not hardwired, I was not brave enough to attempt this!
I have used self adhesive black cable holders to secure the wires.

Ok thanks for all this useful information. £66 seems very cheap for a new mirror camera, I believe the quality cannot be the same as on DOD mirror. Also, I am not in the UK unfortunately.

I will have to investigate further and see how to hardwire such a camera. I know there is 5V vs. 12V system which might cause some problems. Otherwise it should be quite straightforward, as there's just positive and negative wire which need to be connected to the appropriate car wiring depending on the needed result. Constant feed for motion detection recording and instant feed for recording only when the engine is on. Maybe someone knows more about how to solve the 5V vs. 12V dilemma?

Cheers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S DOD 38
niko DOD 37
Back