Does A119S support mass storage while connected to PC

kpax

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Dear All,

I have just bought A119S. I'm really satisfied from what I see but one thing is missing for me.
I do not want to pull out my memory card each time I want to download files on PC.
Instead - I would like to connect my camera to PC via USB cable and see it on my desktop
as a separate mass storage.

Well - I connect my A119S to my USB using the cable I got from the box and the camera
just turns on and works as in my car (recording).

I have firmware 1.7 installed.

So the question is - does A119S supports mass storage? It would be great if it could support
OTG transmission so I could plug it into my android phone. But first I would like to know if
it supports mass storage at all.

Best regards,
Mark

I think it does support it, taking the card out is still a better option though

you may want to update your firmware also

Thank you. But I want to be 100% sure if it does support.
Taking the card is not the best solution if you want to download movies each day.

For me it would be perfect to know that A119S supports mass storage because if it does - then it
will also support OTG (so I will be able to download movies by conneting VIOFO and my android phone)

So - can anyone here can plug A119S into PC and check if the mass storage works?
And if yes - can you tell me which firmware do you use?

Thank you,
Mark

Thank you. But I want to be 100% sure if it does support.
Taking the card is not the best solution if you want to download movies each day.

For me it would be perfect to know that A119S supports mass storage because if it does - then it
will also support OTG (so I will be able to download movies by conneting VIOFO and my android phone)

So - can anyone here can plug A119S into PC and check if the mass storage works?
And if yes - can you tell me which firmware do you use?

Thank you,
Mark

taking the card out would be faster than downloading via the camera, cameras make for poor card readers, taking the camera on and off the bracket all the time will eventually wear the mount also

not sure about downloading via OTG, your phone won't be able to power the camera, could damage something doing that, powering via the mount and connecting via OTG to the phone could also be a problem, if you want files on your phone an OTG card reader would be a better option

Actually OTG is what interests me most. If mass storage works - then OTG will work too
But anyway - thank you.

Yes it does... however, make sure you use the (short) USB _data_ cable and not the (long) USB _charging_ cable when plugging in to a PC. All of the firmware I've ever used supports this, and I have some of the earliest v2 units.

I agree with Jokiin’ suggestion.
I don’t remove my dash cam because I want the GPS mount and dash cam to maintain a perfect connection with a snug, tight fit.
You certainly don't want to wear out the pad, etc or possibly damage the connectors while handling it.
It’s so easy to put the Micro SD HC card into its Adapter and place in the computer slot and transfer to your photo software program and do whatever you want.

I agree with Jokiin’ suggestion.
I don’t remove my dash cam because I want the GPS mount and dash cam to maintain a perfect connection with a snug, tight fit.
You certainly don't want to wear out the pad, etc or possibly damage the connectors while handling it.
It’s so easy to put the Micro SD HC card into its Adapter and place in the computer slot and transfer to your photo software program and do whatever you want.

I'm guessing he intends to leave it mounted and connect his phone to it via an OTG adapter, even if it does work which I'm not so sure about I still think this is not ideal and better just to pop the card out

I'm out of my element as far as the OTG is concerned.
I was just considering the aspect of maintaining the integrity of the performance of the hardware.
We've seen members who have had a problem with GPS/Camera connections in the past.
I hope it all works ok.

Yes it works as a mass storage. Thats the way how u update the firmware too. Be sure to use the original cable provided, i tried with another mini usb cable before and it doesn't work.. apparently the original cable provided is a data/power cable, while some cables out there are just power cables.

i use one of these OTG card reader too. It works.

Moweek-4-in-1-Type-c-Lightning-Micro-USB-USB-2-0-Memory-Card-Reader-Micro.jpg_640x640.jpg

Back