Does anyone go to Car meets, shows,or cruises?

Here is something i had never seen before until last weekend. A Zimmer Golden Spirit.
5eiydd.png

I'm a big fan of the LS1 swaps, its a great platform

Not the first car I've seen being sold with the 'driven by Alice' sales pitch

I'm a big fan of the LS1 swaps, its a great platform
It is, and while i know i have not posted anything i drive yet. One of them is LS1 powered. Car show this weekend that i hope to get to and that i am also hoping will be big because it is one of the few with a burnout area, and while from what i have seen on YouTube they probably will not be as nuts as an Australian contest hopefully there will still be a lot of cars lined up.

There is this one coming up over the weekend and then maybe two or three next month and then unfortunately that will probably be it as the cold fall weather starts to set into my area.

Would love to see some of the members from warmer states post some stuff up during what i guess is my car show off season.

and while from what i have seen on YouTube they probably will not be as nuts as an Australian contest hopefully there will still be a lot of cars lined up.

I think a part of the reason the burnout comps have grown so big is if they catch you doing that on the street the punishment ranges from impounding your car right through to actually crushing your car, ridiculous but true unfortunately

I've read a little about it. I like to learn about other countries (Namely UK, AUS, and JPN.) car culture, and it does seem a little rough in all the Anti-Hoon Laws and things like you can't own a V8 until you meet this or that requirement.
but i mean Burnouts around your area seem to be like this.
I've even seen a few UTEs start what looked like a tire fire and keep going.

Where as burnouts in the USA are a little more like this.
Still fun, but not as wild. Very enclosed and safety minded and straight lined at least at most sanctioned events.

Last edited:
Hey i noticed you posted this in the videos section again really neat to see a DashCam used in this sort of application. Every time i go to the track i see Go Pro devices mounted to everything.

Would be neat to try with a GPS enabled camera just to see what the speed read when you crossed the line to compare with what your slips say to see how far off the cameras GPS is.

I have mounted my Vico upside down to my glass roof at a few shows to capture cars coming in to the show before although now watching the video again it looks like your Supra is a hard top.

With Halloween in a few days here are two shots to set the mood.
The first is from a car show a little while ago.
jk86bm.png

This second is unfortunately from a scrap yard.
23sj7kw.png

I know I have not been an active as I would like to be, but that is partially due to the fact that It's that time of year again. Every car persons favorite time of year.

The beginning of Car Show season.
2s694qa.jpg

Not only have I had these on my own car during shows. I have run into a few guys who ended up taking some, and a few might of ended up underneath some windscreen wipers while I was out. So they are floating around.

10wr1nn.png

w4oiq.jpg

At most if not all car meets here there is a burn out platform, it is usioally on a couple of thick steel plates like the ones used at road Works.

This year i will go with my friend to a US car meet ( biggest one in DK i think ) will see if i can snap some pics and video tho i doubt it will impress any American.
Here its dann rare you hear a V8 engine ( not counting the big trucks ) most of the time its even a Euro V8 and most of those sound pretty tame compared to a big block.

I am not into force feeding motors, especially not 4-5-6 cuy euro/jap trash, the sound of a wastegate popping make the hairs on my neck stand up.

I think the Australians lead the way when it comes to burn outs, go to YouTube and search Summernats burnout comp or Powercruise and you'll see it's treated as a sport

I dont dare to, i like you Guys enuff as it is ;) no need to get myself too exited as i will proberly never get to visit you Guys Again :(

I would like to hook up on a VW too if i ever got to realise my at last 6 month walkabout.

I personally go to many car meets, in fact, I host one locally every Thursday here in Vancouver. Ever since the weather has gotten warmer, it has gotten quite big (400-500 cars)

I am really into the stance scene (if anyone has seen my post on the other thread, I drive an Audi A4 on air suspension). I am finishing up on prepping my car and will be ready to go to all the shows in the Pacific Northwest this summer!

-Cris

I personally go to many car meets, in fact, I host one locally every Thursday here in Vancouver. Ever since the weather has gotten warmer, it has gotten quite big (400-500 cars)
Would love to see some pictures even more so since some neat RHD cars show up in Canada.

Back