Does anyone know how to perm fix bent pins?

iseeu1001

Reaction score
Country
United States
This shouldn’t be happening and I know I’m not the only one that has this problem. Anyone had a perm fix? I love this dash cam but something like this is getting on my nerves and I’m getting ready to throw this cam away because of this. Right now I would rate viofo 0 stars because they should know that something like this happens since the pervious viofo a119 has this problem also.

This shouldn’t be happening and I know I’m not the only one that has this problem. Anyone had a perm fix? I love this dash cam but something like this is getting on my nerves and I’m getting ready to throw this cam away because of this. Right now I would rate viofo 0 stars because they should know that something like this happens since the pervious viofo a119 has this problem also.

Throwing it away is a little extreme. Try bending the pin(s) back using tweezers or get a new mount. You could power it from the side port on the cam, GPS works.

Look at the back of your camera. The area where the GPS prongs make contact, are they flush with the back of the camera or are they recessed a little? Press it with your finger, is it solid or does it move around quite a bit? I've seen a couple of cameras where the contacts on the back of the V2 camera are loose and not flush with the back casing and I think this can cause the prongs on the GPS to become damaged when the camera is slid on and off of the mount.

Also, are you using the EVA pads? If so, be sure you mounted it on properly. It's tight around the GPS contacts and if the EVA pad is on a little crooked, I can see where it may damage the prongs.

I use it on 3 cars so of course the pins are gonna get bent but I don’t want to keep fixing them every time they get bent or buy a new one which I shouldn’t have to. They should have made a better mount with pins that won’t bend. I want the gps function because it records my speed and encase I get pulled over I can show the cop or judge that.

I use it on 3 cars so of course the pins are gonna get bent but I don’t want to keep fixing them every time they get bent or buy a new one which I shouldn’t have to. They should have made a better mount with pins that won’t bend. I want the gps function because it records my speed and encase I get pulled over I can show the cop or judge that.

Easy to bend a pin if mounting and unmounting almost daily. The left most pin on my A119 V2 started sticking out but I was able to correct it by pressing the pin back to its original shape. Been a little more careful while attaching it to the mount since.

They've upgraded the mount on the A129 model, pins don't bend. Not a fan of the mounting direction but yeah overall it's a much better mount.

I shouldn’t have to pay $169 for an improved one. I bought 2 extra gps mounts for mounting on 3 cars and they all work but 3 of them have bent pins and I have to fix it by using a paper clip to try and gently bend them back to place which is a real pain because I love the a119s other wise I wouldn’t want to mount on 3 cars. I know you can’t help me but viofo should have thought of something else before selling it like this because this is getting annoying and I just feel like going to a different brand.

Most if not all dashcams are not meant to be dismounted frequently. I too feel that this is an area which needs much improvement but that's what we've got right now so I don't think a different cam will solve your issue.

Cam manufacturers should study how the contacts in power tool battery chargers are made- these are designed for a huge amount of dismounting and must be extremely robust and reliable to take the rough usage they will get on a jobsite. Until then all you can do is be very careful when switching your cam around, keeping the pins straight however you can as you go along.

Phil

Back