Does Anyone Know If The Mini 805 IS Supposed To Have A Functioning 2x And 4x Video Playback Mode?

MikeNY

Reaction score
Country
United States
My Mini 805 freezes when I go into 2x or 4x video playback. I don't see this feature in the manual. Is this feature functioning for anyone?

My Mini 805 freezes when I go into 2x or 4x video playback. I don't see this feature in the manual. Is this feature functioning for anyone?
Yes, mine works, but I view files via RV anyway and the x times playback on that is excellent...

Yes, mine works, but I view files via RV anyway and the x times playback on that is excellent...[/QUOTE
Hi Numone, you get 2x & 4x playback on the camera without freezing? What brand card & speed & size are you using? Did you format it in the camera? I'm trying to determine why I get freezing on high speed playback on the camera.
Thanks,
Mike

Yes, mine works, but I view files via RV anyway and the x times playback on that is excellent...
Hi Numone, you get 2x & 4x playback on the camera without freezing? What brand card & speed & size are you using? Did you format it in the camera? I'm trying to determine why I get freezing on high speed playback on the camera.
Thanks,
Mike

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,
Yes, no freezing issues at 2x or 4x. The card is a Samsung 32GB Class 6 and I formatted it in camera. I read a number of reviews stating that the higher speed cards gave issues with both recording and playback so decided to give those a miss... and it saved some cash too!
Cheers... Rob

Hi Mike,
Yes, no freezing issues at 2x or 4x. The card is a Samsung 32GB Class 6 and I formatted it in camera. I read a number of reviews stating that the higher speed cards gave issues with both recording and playback so decided to give those a miss... and it saved some cash too!
Cheers... Rob
Rob thanks a lot for the input. I was hoping that it was the card & not the camera so I ordered a Samsung 32gb Class 6 card to replace my SanDisk & Kingston 32gb Class 10 cards which are acting up. I see that there are 2 Samsung 32gb Class 6 cards, a blue one & a black one. I ordered the black one which I hope is the correct one. I'm surprised that the 805 is so sensitive to cards. I have a much cheaper 1080p camera, the Amacam AM-M80 which seems to work well in 2x, 4x etc with the cards I have.
Thanks again,
Mike

Do you mean 2x, 4x on the camera, or on the player RV? I don't know if camera has these options...but RV has 1/4, 1/2, 1, 4x,16x, 64x

Do you mean 2x, 4x on the camera, or on the player RV? I don't know if camera has these options...but RV has 1/4, 1/2, 1, 4x,16x, 64x
On the camera. I'm thinking it's a memory card problem. Im checking out a Class 6 card tomorrow.
Thanks,
Mike

Rob thanks a lot for the input. I was hoping that it was the card & not the camera so I ordered a Samsung 32gb Class 6 card to replace my SanDisk & Kingston 32gb Class 10 cards which are acting up. I see that there are 2 Samsung 32gb Class 6 cards, a blue one & a black one. I ordered the black one which I hope is the correct one. I'm surprised that the 805 is so sensitive to cards. I have a much cheaper 1080p camera, the Amacam AM-M80 which seems to work well in 2x, 4x etc with the cards I have.
Thanks again,
Mike
Hi Mike,
Mine is blue! LOL! I have no idea if there is a difference and of course, it still could be HW issue, but fingers crossed this solves your problem. Incidentally Mike, if you connect the cam to you PC, load-up RV and play the files back through RV from the cam, do you still have the problem?
Cheers... Rob

The cam also has 1/4, 1/2, 1, 4x,16x, 64x and 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 and 1/64! :)

Hi Mike,
Mine is blue! LOL! I have no idea if there is a difference and of course, it still could be HW issue, but fingers crossed this solves your problem. Incidentally Mike, if you connect the cam to you PC, load-up RV and play the files back through RV from the cam, do you still have the problem?
Cheers... Rob
Hi Rob, thanks for the suggestions. I will try playback on the PC. Today I will receive the Class 6 card & see if the playback problem is caused by the card or the camera.
All the best!
Mike

Hi Rob, thanks for the suggestions. I will try playback on the PC. Today I will receive the Class 6 card & see if the playback problem is caused by the card or the camera.
All the best!
Mike

Hi Mike,

Did you get your Class 6 card? If so did it fix your playback problems?

Hi Rob, I received the Class 6 Card. It seems to have fixed the problem and gives more stable operation to the 805. The Class 10 card starting working intermittently but I don't trust it.
Thanks again for your advice,
Mike

Hi Rob, I received the Class 6 Card. It seems to have fixed the problem and gives more stable operation to the 805. The Class 10 card starting working intermittently but I don't trust it.
Thanks again for your advice,
Mike

Hi Mike. That's great - really pleased. ;)

Back