Does anyone recognize this brand?

Gamer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I’m looking for some help to see if anyone can identify the make/model of the dash cam in the attached pics.

Cam was already installed in a second hand car I purchased & dealer didn’t know much about it. I checked the SD card & video quality seems good but time stamp shows as 2015.

There doesn’t seem to be an branding to identify, so wanted to know if anyone recognizes the brand/model?

Thanks

Attachments

• DCDD0BCB-D98E-4105-A830-06F5DD486A3B.jpeg
    DCDD0BCB-D98E-4105-A830-06F5DD486A3B.jpeg
    262.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 2A0F30BD-E225-4093-83FA-BE39DFF0C66C.jpeg
    2A0F30BD-E225-4093-83FA-BE39DFF0C66C.jpeg
    297.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 616D3555-21D2-4393-AF9E-619A28493B8D.jpeg
    616D3555-21D2-4393-AF9E-619A28493B8D.jpeg
    234.8 KB · Views: 33
Hi all, I’m looking for some help to see if anyone can identify the make/model of the dash cam in the attached pics.

Cam was already installed in a second hand car I purchased & dealer didn’t know much about it. I checked the SD card & video quality seems good but time stamp shows as 2015.

There doesn’t seem to be an branding to identify, so wanted to know if anyone recognizes the brand/model?
If it has no brand on it, was manufactured 7 yrs ago and the previous owner didn't bother to take it out, chances are it isn't worth finding out anyway. Sounds like something worth $30 new and $5 now.

Try uploading a video file to MediaInfoOnline to see if there are any clues about the camera.

Thanks for the responses. I’m not worried about the value, more interested in maybe being able to find a user manual. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Looks like a decent mounting system, pity the cable appears to be at the bottom of the cam.

Have you tried plugging it into a pc/laptop to see what happens?

Welcome to DCT @Gamer :)

Just drop in a known good sd card and play with it. Most cams are rather intuitive and similar in how they work, and pressing one button at a time won't risk bricking or other damage. Sometimes the boot screen shows the brand and sometimes the FW version can give clues. If it's got decent vid quality and is reliable it could still be worth using for basic driving protection.

Phil

@SawMaster There doesn’t appear to be a screen?

So I’d assume that there might be a mobile app or maybe a pc based app to configure it?

I dont think it is worth the effort.
Look like a system where the maker couldn't even be bothered with a power interface like a USB plug or the like.

Maybe do a picture search on google using one of your pictures as the search parameter.

Thanks all, as Kamkar pointed out, there is no USB plug, interface or screen. So not easy to interact. Buttons for the power & mic are obvious, but unsure on the mode & up/down buttons.

I had already picture searched on google without success, which brought me here to post on the site. I guess it’s not a widespread model lol.

I appreciate the input. It works & picture quality is excellent, even at night, so I’ll make do for now. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Any camera is better than no camera, and free is always good.
If you catch the dashcam bug you can always replace it down the road.

It works & picture quality is excellent, even at night, so I’ll make do for now.
Can you share a screenshot here? An unknown camera with excellent night video is intriguing!

Back