Does beep count mean anything?

Lvjcr08

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a duo A129 with 3 wire hard-wire kit with parking mode on. When I start the car I get a get a couple of bip-bip beeps. I assume this means that I have gone from parking mode to full driving mode. When I then stop and turn off the engine after a some seconds I get some more bip-bip beeps , I assume this means going into Park mode?
My question is about the number of Bip-bips on entering park mode. Sometimes I get 2 bip-bips, sometimes 4 and I have even had 8. Does the number mean anything? I have had electronic kit before were you can diagnose faults from the beep count. Maybe I am just being paranoid because the dash cam appears to be working fine - even park mode.

It's 2 beeps to enter and 2 beeps to exit parking mode. You can also watch the LCD screen for the parking mode icon to change and confirm it that way. Picture of car means parking mode is on, but camera is recording normally. Once you turn off car, the icon should change to the icon of whatever parking mode you chose in the settings. The transition should happen in about 5 seconds from when car if shut off. Not sure why it would beep more than normal, unless there is a memory card issue.

Back