Does HDMI out work on anyone's WF1? (White Screen)

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
I tried HDMI out for the first time today to be thorough in testing everything.

I get a white screen and my 50" Samsung TV reports a 720 x 480 Signal.

I tried having the HDMI plugged in before power up, and plugging in after. (same results)
Unplug, screen goes black, plug in and WHITE screen with 720/480 message.
I don't see anything in the settings to fix HDMI either.
I opened a support ticket with Vicovation.

g3nCmOzl.jpg

viKPFRrl.jpg

Stand by. I will give it a shot on a Vizio TV let me go fetch some cords

Same thing here 32 inch Vizio
2w36yc7.jpg

Last edited:
Bummer, ok I'll see what Vicovation support says. It will either be fixed via firmware or is a hardware bug they won't be able to resolve.

I also noticed you can't even fit the HDMI cable into the port when using the provided right angle mini USB auto-power adapter.

rlO7kfjl.jpg

I got a quick response.

"Dear Jon,

For Vico-WF1, HDMI output is currently for engineering to adjust the focus and other works.

So now it won’t be able to be operated by end-users.

Thank you for your inquiring.

All the best.

視連科客服部
VicoVation Service Team"

I got a quick response.

"Dear Jon,

For Vico-WF1, HDMI output is currently for engineering to adjust the focus and other works.

So now it won’t be able to be operated by end-users.

Thank you for your inquiring.

All the best.

視連科客服部
VicoVation Service Team"

seems odd

I also noticed you can't even fit the HDMI cable into the port when using the provided right angle mini USB auto-power adapter.
The angle seemed a little weird to me when i was working with the cable in my car the other day. I wondering if it had something to do with being connected to a PC and being in USB mode. I got the System Starting prompt and then my computer did the USB attached beep and nothing else and got the white screen.

Now that i read your reply that does sound odd. What is an engineer doing to make it work that the end user can't do, and if it is for some kind of adjusting who is sitting there adjusting every unit?

Last edited:
Back