Does Lukas LK-530 battery work with BlackVue DR500GW-HD?

dv8ed

Reaction score
Country
United States
I know Itronics ITB-100HD, BlackVue DR400G-HD II & DR500GW-HD have same power connectors. Will Lukas battery power connector fit onto DR500GW-HD?

I like how Lukas battery will power camera until it's completely drained and when you start car it re-charges Lukas battery again.

If I can get some sort of confirmation it fits I'm going to purchase and try. :)

Last edited:
lol I started that time always off thread so I would be aware of that issue. :)

the Lukas battery is more like a UPS battery just want to know if connector will fit BlackVue.

Let us all know when you find out then Whats wrong with the one in the other thread

The Blackvue will probably still shut down regardless of the type of battery you try to make it do something else with as the camera electronics tell it what to do.

The battery it has retains the info needed in the memory and doesnt run the camera after its turned off more than for a few seconds.

It needs a Power Magic to keep running for parking.

The big fat capacitor takes care of the cameras shutdown. The tiny, hard to replace, battery, supply's power to the on-board chipset holding the time and date.

Yes true And replacing it with an UPS type battery wont change how the camera works I guess. It will just shut down as normal.

Yes you're all correct. :) I want the Lukas external battery pack to supply power to my camera at night for surveillance basically. I back into my garage instead of head in first so my front windshield has a good view when garage is opened. I get high drain warnings in the morning since my car battery is a little older, I don't want my alternator working to hard to recharge my car battery.

I'm not trying to fix my faulty battery/capacitor in my DR500GW-HD.

2ex59p1.jpg

2hhh9v5.jpg

Perhaps if you had explained yourself better we would have understood.

As this is the Blackvue forum we are probably not familiar with the Lukas products.

Why if you car is in a garage would you want it running all night.

As the highest drain on your battery will be starting the car in the morning it will make your alternator work just as hard anyway.

Buy a new car battery before it leaves you stranded

It wont cost much more than the Lukas anyway.

Then you can use a Power Magic and set it to shut off at 12V and still start your car

Just a FYI for new people that come across this post here's answer to original post.

According to Alex at Blackboxmycar.com he said it will fit & work.

1zwkpdt.jpg

Back