Does my footage look normal or could there be something wrong? The license plates on the left seem to be more legible than the ones on the right.

ninjaproofwang

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just wanted some outside opinions since I've been known to overthink things. I was reviewing some of my dashcam recordings and noticed that they seem to be slightly blurry in places. I've uploaded a couple of videos an the license plates on the left seem to be slightly sharper than the ones on the right. The difference doesn't seem drastic to me, I just don't want it to be the early signs of problem the will get worse and worse.

My specs and settings:

A129 Plus Duo
-CPL Filter on
-1440p at 30fps
-HDR off, E/V 0.0, high bitrate
-Samsung Pro Endurance 128gb
-Windshield was cleaned inside and out a few hours before recording

I'd appreciate any thought y'all might have. Does there seem to be a problem or am I think way too hard about this? Thank you for reading!

I just don't want it to be the early signs of problem the will get worse and worse.
I don't think that is going to happen.

It looks very good in the centre, even on Youtube!

At the very edges, especially the left, there seems to be quite a lot of blurriness, but I think that is from your windshield glass, because there is also a lot of distortion that doesn't look like lens distortion, and your dash, that has no glass in the way looks decent, the dash is too close to be in good focus, but the dash looks as I would expect.

So maybe test the camera outside the car with no glass in the way, and using a USB powerbank for power, then we will see what the lens is really doing...

What sort of car is it? (Wondering about the high amount of glass distortion.) (...and is it an original windshield?)

Back