evlo

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Hi,
i'm using dashcam/car cable
i also have cam set to loop mode on the side mode switch
i do use 32GB SD card

Today i took my car for some fun ride and wanted to share highlights of it, but i noticed there is 1.2GB free space on the sd card, but last thing recorded is grocery run from today and oldest files are not replaced with new ones.

I also noticed that files from journeys under 10 minutes starts with L and longer ones, that are spitted starts with HT - why is that and is that intentional?

Last edited:
There was a problem with the HT and L files back in January, it was corrected with the March FW update. If you haven't updated, the latest is 2015-03-03.

Ha, i did not notice it as it is not named as fw, i will try it.

To verify that loop mode is working can i just copy L000072 as L000073 etc. until the car is left with ie. 2GB free space left and then let it run and see if it overwrites the oldest files?
Do i need lens connected to test it? I have it kinda hardwired in my car, so without lens i would just use filename and datestamp to see if it is working.

Last edited:
You will need the lens attached.

What I would do, because I think that it is the easiest way, is to download the user-friendly GUI at http://www.2kool4u.com/minicams/keychaincam1080_720P_C1.shtml
Scroll down to Innovv C3 Snake Cam then keep scrolling to, and click on Ez-Configuration and it will download to your computer (it is for Windows only).

Open the application and choose Innovv C3 before you plug in the usb. The lens cable must be attached.

Restart the C3 and you are ready to use the GUI. Select your preferences in each section. In the update firmware section make sure that you select C3. Follow the instructions and you're good to go.

Thanks for the tip.

My latest experience:
i used the configuration utility that came with firmware, set everything up, connected cam to the car, verified that it is set to loop mode and it recorded one minute and powered off (was set to do 10minute loops)

Then I used the EZ thingy, when i need to go to the car with laptop and do everything while cam is connected to the lenses.
IMO this is huge design flaw of this own.
I set it up and now it seams like it is working - it is recording, i also set power off delay to 10 minutes (i think) in c3 utility, that did not work at all, as soon as power is off cam stops recording, same thing with EZ, where only 3min is available as max setting - it does not work when cam lose power from dashcam wire.
So i'm creating fake "L" files to see if it will overwrite.

Anyway this is my experience with this camera as dashcam and anyone can draw own conclusion if it is acceptable/usable and mainly reliable as dashcam or not.

BTW EZ also detects last firmware as 2014-11

for the reference, this is config file, from EZ, where recording works (loop recording unknown so far) and power off delay does not work - at least from my understanding of what power off delay means. I don't know as what filename it is saved.

datetime=2015:04:19 22:39:08
videostamp=
poweronrecord=on
videosound=on
recordingindicator=on
datestamp=off
videocliplength=3min
tvmode=pal
hz=50
motiondetect=off
moviesize=1080p
lapsetime=off
photosize=3m
autopoweroff=180s
selftime=off
continueshot=1
gsensor=normal
saturation=normal
wb=normal
ev=0

This one is from c3 config utility, saved as c3config.bin and nothing works
datetime=2015:04:19 21:39:28
datestamp=off
videostamp=Evlo
poweronrecord=on
autopoweroff=120s
moviesize=1080p
photosize=3m
videocliplength=3min
selftime=off
continueshot=1
videosound=on
wb=normal
recordingindicator=on
hz=60
motiondetect=on
ev=0
saturation=normal
gsensor=normal
tvmode=pal
lapsetime=off

Last edited:
Ok, so looping works, i did not look for the gap between clips, lets hope there is none, i guess i will see in some real usage.

Anyway i found out that additionally to power off delay not working few seconds are cut off from the last file when poweroff, guess in case of accident these can be really critical.

So these are my latest findings.

I have a couple of settings (on Ez Config) that are different than yours, and since mine is working fine, you may or may not want to copy them.
(1) Power on record - OFF
(2) Autopower off - 30 SEC
(3) G Sensor - LOW

The Ez Configuration GUI that I'm using is Version 1.0.1.2 and the FW Update for the C3 is 2015-02-28 and not 2015-03-03 as I had mentioned. I think it's the same one though.

Power off Delay means this is the amount of time before the camera shuts off after being in standby mode with no activity.

Cheers.

Edit: I have confirmed with the app developer that the FW update(s) mentioned above are exactly the same thing.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sunny C3 27
Back