Does the CPUSB01 sold on amazon as 'recommended' have an angle plug for cam?

Damn Dirty Ape

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does the CPUSB01 sold on amazon as 'recommended' have an angle plug for cam?

the picture showing seems to be just straight but I'm seeing hardwire pics of a 90 degree plug.

I see less-expensive brands showing 90 degree so I'm hoping the pic hasn't yet been updated perhaps?

plug is straight

which camera are you wanting to use it with?

we will have a separate one if for the SG9663DC but not ready yet

it's not suitable for the DC, if you just want to hardwire to an accessory feed to free up your cig socket you can cut the cig plug off

amazon should remove the 'purchased togeth4er' suggestion then.. What makes it not suitable?

yes you do not want to put the camera inline with other things, but branching off other things fuse will be fine.
With the fuse taps the fuse you have removed in the fuse box you put in the piggyback fuse thingy, and then you add the fuse for the camera above the other fuse.
88-QTAP-500x500.jpg
it's not suitable for the DC, if you just want to hardwire to an accessory feed to free up your cig socket you can cut the cig plug off

If I cut the cig plug off, can the remaining wire then be attached to a add-a-circuit from my fuse box? If so I'd need to attach to a switched source rather than having low battery protection right?

If I cut the cig plug off, can the remaining wire then be attached to a add-a-circuit from my fuse box?

yep no problem, the cig plug is empty, (the 12v to 5v converter is in the little square box that's about 18" away from the cig plug)

If so I'd need to attach to a switched source rather than having low battery protection right?

correct

amazon should remove the 'purchased togeth4er' suggestion then..

I wish sellers had control of that, but it's an automatic Amazon algorithm thing. (not helpful)

The sooner the future specialized SGDCHW kit becomes available, the sooner we can fix that.

What will this new kit have? Is it making the DC cam setup obsolete? Just a bit confused.

SGDCHW is a 3-wire hard wire kit to enable parking mode for the SG9663DC (the camera you just bought) Nothing obsolete as it's not a new camera, it's a hardwire kit accessory for your DC camera.

Back