Does the F800 have "Format Free Technology"?

AlanC

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm seeing some mention of the F800 having Format Free Technology on some press releases but no mention on the Thinkware website.

Can someone who has this camera confirm if it does or not? Namely, do you get the "regularly format memory card for data integrity" message?

I bought this to replace my F750 just because of this feature and want to confirm before the return period elapses.

I've had the F800 Pro for about 6 months and have never had to format my (Thinkware 64Gb) SD card. It's a good dashcam, but it's not problem free. Thinkware have NOT delivered on the promised Parking Mode Incident Notification which was my main reason for buying the camera, and had I realised this I would have returned this camera before installing. Also I find it VERY frustrating that having witnessed an incident that I wish to 'keep', the 'protected' recording only starts from the moment the button is pressed (and definitely not even the 10 seconds before as advertised). Why it can't 'keep' the previous recorded segment on pressing manual record is beyond me...

Also I find it VERY frustrating that having witnessed an incident that I wish to 'keep', the 'protected' recording only starts from the moment the button is pressed (and definitely not even the 10 seconds before as advertised). Why it can't 'keep' the previous recorded segment on pressing manual record is beyond me...

I think they only use the buffer for the motion detect function

Back