DOES THE F800 Support the RTSP Protocol? re: would like to connect the cam to my home security DVR

Marlan45

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: I would like to connect it to my home router.

and how do you go about doing so while maintaining a persistent wi-fi connection, without having the press the wi-fi button on the cam every time you want to connect to the cam.

Can the cam access point be left on?

Why: I want to connect the cam to home security DVR.

Thank you.

Last edited:
To do this, you need a constant-on power source that simulates the ignition being on so that the WiFi boots up. Parking mode recording will not enable a WiFi connection.

After your F800 Pro is powered on and connected to your home WiFi router, go into your router's settings to find the F800 Pro's IP address. The IP address is usually in the format of 192.168.x.x or 10.0.x.x.

If your Thinkware IP is 192.168.2.12, then your video livestream URL is "rtsp://192.168.2.12:554/live"

You can use VLC to open the stream.

You can also telnet into your F800 Pro on port 23, username "root" and no password.

You can identify the Linux operating system version using command "uname -a"

To find the recording (MP4) directories, use the find command: find / -iname *mp4

Temp: /tmp/SD0/.TWSYS/cont_rec/
Continuous Recording: /tmp/SD0/cont_rec/
Motion timelapse: /tmp/SD0/motion_timelapse_rec/
Event Recording: /tmp/SD0/evt_rec/
Manual Recording: /tmp/SD0/manual_rec/
Parking Recording: /tmp/SD0/parking_rec/

If you issue the wrong commands, you can brick your device. Best to test Linux commands in a safe VirtualBox environment instead of playing around on a real device.

Back