Does the FioFo A129 continue to alert when sd card is bad?

Is Fiofo A129 mature to buy at this point?

• yes it's mature

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • no it's not mature

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • issues:

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Country
United States
1) I hear that the Fiofo A119 would keep pestering you until the issue with the SD card is resolved. Basically, the Fiofo A119 makes sure that a good sd card is in otherwise, it will keep on pestering. Can I assume the A129 will continue the tradition of constant pestering until the sd card issue has been resolved?

2) Is the A129 mature enough to buy at this point and if so where? I read that there's lens or front focus issue? Is this still the case?

3) Is the A129 in production now or still in pre-production?

4) Any constant and remaining unresolved issue at this point? I'm trying to decide between the Mini 0906 or the Fiofo A129

A129 has been in production for some time now, enough time for issues to be resolved.
There is a parking mode hardwire kit and improved CPL and associated firmware update still coming soon.
It definitely has the best lens, image quality, build quality of the two, I have used both.

Not sure about the card warning, it doesn't seem to ever corrupt it's card so I never find out! You can't miss a missing card, and if the card is too slow then you often get beeps. With the 0906 it was possible to miss a missing card.

Nigel has already elaborated but your best bet would be to view the threads of both the models you're asking about and do some reading, shouldn't take too long to work out for yourself which is the better product

I just want you guys to know that I DID read the two channel's respective cameras before I asked my question. Both seems to have many issues. the Min with many reboot issues and issues of losing settings etc etc , and the 129 has lens issue (it's obvious) and also issue of freezing. I don't know if that person returned the cam etc or what, thus my questions on the maturity and usability of these cams in real life.. people just seem to have problems. I appreciate some more details instead of a few words. Can someone tell me what issues are still NOT resolved after all the firmware updates on both the mini 0906 and the viofo 129?

a parking mode hardwire kit and improved CPL and associated firmware update still coming soon.
It definitely has the best l
A129 has been in production for some time now, enough time for issues to be resolved.
There is a parking mode hardwire kit and improved CPL and associated firmware update still coming soon.
It definitely has the best lens, image quality, build quality of the two, I have used both.

Not sure about the card warning, it doesn't seem to ever corrupt it's card so I never find out! You can't miss a missing card, and if the card is too slow then you often get beeps. With the 0906 it was possible to miss a missing card.

Does anybody here have a few locked up old cards and really bad cards that's not even readable to test the A129? I really appreciate it...and also test the Mini 0906 and make a video of it, provided both cameras are on the latest firmware.. and make a youtube video of this? People are really interested in these prolongged nagging error messages when card is detected from various failed cards. Also, if either camera does not provide the long, constant pestering warning, then please update the firmware to do so, so that our videos are reliably recorded.

The A129 has a lens and freezing issue? Maybe I missed this post, can you post a link to it?

The A129 has a lens and freezing issue? Maybe I missed this post, can you post a link to it?
I think the A129 has one of the best dashcam lenses around, it is nice and sharp, doesn't go out of focus even at 80°C, has a good field of view.
Also not sure what the freezing issue is about? Maybe an Amazon review, I get the impression some of them are written by competitors!

I get the impression some of them are written by competitors!

quite possible, there are a number of Chinese sellers on Amazon that started out spending their days writing fake positive reviews on their own products that then turned to writing fake negative reviews on competitor products

I have been using the A129 and I am happy with the performance.

I’ve been using an A129 for several weeks and just added another one for the wife’s car. No complaints on either one. For me they’ve been rock solid. I won’t lie, parking mode needs some work, but there is development coming and I have no doubt they’ll get it right. So far I’m very impressed.

Can someone please test the vivofo 129 with some bad sd cards and report back what it does and how long it alerts? (i'd like to know if it does the extended alert like the vivofo 119). This is what I'm really here for.

Back