Does the Gitup G3 have a dash cam mode?

iDash

Reaction score
Country
United States
This would allow the camera to turn on and record when power is connected and shut off when power is disconnected. My SJ4000 has this option.

Does anyone know if the Gitup g3 has this? I can't see any mention of it in the manual.

The GItup G2 has what is called "car mode", which is made especially for using the camera as a dash cam. I don't see any of this on the Gitup G3 Duo. No wonder why the sales are so lacking on this camera. They killed it with the microphone, and now it doesn't seem to have a proper dash cam mode.

Thanks

Last edited:
Yes, it has a car DVR mode, and dashcam exposure mode, and loop recording etc.

Most things the Git2 has are also in the G3 since it is essentially an upgrade, and a very nice one.

The microphone is only mono, and not as good as the Git2 microphone, and as a dashcam it is not ideal for dark winter days but better than the Git2 and it will do a very nice job at this time of year, good for a motorbike too with it's excellent gyro stabilisation.

Does anyone know if the Gitup g3 has this? I can't see any mention of it in the manual....

... it doesn't seem to have a proper dash cam mode.

Thanks
Give us a chance! You asked a question then came to your own conclusions before we could answer.

As @Nigel said, the G3 does have all those features you would look for in a dashcam.

They were not all there when the camera was released - they were added in a firmware update. I think that is why they are not covered in the manual.

Thanks, sorry I was drawing my own conclusions.

But just to make sure.

I intend to use this as a dash cam on my electric bike. I will wire it into a 5 volt usb DC/DC converter and when I turn on that 5 volt usb converter the camera will turn on, and when I shut off the 5 volt usb adapter the camera will automatically shut off? The same exact way the SJ4000 does?

I don't want to ever have to touch any of the camera settings or buttons, I just want to press one button that turn on my DC/DC converter and my front and rear cameras to turn on and start recording on my bike. I do this by basically turning on my DC/DC converter.

Thanks.

Thanks, sorry I was drawing my own conclusions.

But just to make sure.

I intend to use this as a dash cam on my electric bike. I will wire it into a 5 volt usb DC/DC converter and when I turn on that 5 volt usb converter the camera will turn on, and when I shut off the 5 volt usb adapter the camera will automatically shut off? The same exact way the SJ4000 does?

I don't want to ever have to touch any of the camera settings or buttons, I just want to press one button that turn on my DC/DC converter and my front and rear cameras to turn on and start recording on my bike. I do this by basically turning on my DC/DC converter.

Thanks.
Yes, that's how it worked in my car, so it should be the same for you.

There is not a lock for the files in dashcam mode. So any incidents would be lost if not taken off the SD Card before in looped round again. It has the benefit of being able to take photos and quick start video recordings if needed.

There is not a lock for the files in dashcam mode. So any incidents would be lost if not taken off the SD Card before in looped round again. It has the benefit of being able to take photos and quick start video recordings if needed.
The bluetooth remote button can be used for remote locking.

Back