Does the mount of your dash cam fall off sometimes?

Reaction score
Country
United States
The mount of my dash camera fell off the windshield a couple of days ago and I had to stick it back hoping it won't fall off again. Does the mount of your dash cam fall off or does it stick very well?

It is normal for suction cup mounts to fall off occasionally, often when the weather has a low pressure area overhead, or when you drive up a big hill.

Sticky pad mounts should not fall off, but can if you don't remove all grease from the glass before applying them, a tiny amount of detergent, then well rinsed and dried will ensure they work well.

It is normal for suction cup mounts to fall off occasionally, often when the weather has a low pressure area overhead, or when you drive up a big hill.

Sticky pad mounts should not fall off, but can if you don't remove all grease from the glass before applying them, a tiny amount of detergent, then well rinsed and dried will ensure they work well.
Thank you. I'll try to clean the windshield to see if that helps with the issue

With my RSC nano, the suction cup mount after wetting it good, lasted about a month every time before falling down. That’s why I make sure I route the cable that plugs into the dash cam over the rearview mirror so that when it falls like clockwork every month it would just hang and not smash down to where the shifter of the car is. But I got tired of this so I started using the sticker mount and I haven’t looked back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3M tape mounts require a spotlessly clean window and correct application technique to work properly; you should allow the mount to bond alone for 24 hours before pittung the weight of the cam on it. Suction mounts all fail eventually, with there being a lot of variability in duration for numerous reasons.

I have two identical suction mountings for side-cams; one gives me fits and has been replaced 3 times while the other stays put 6+ months. Oddly the 'good' side occasionally gets bashed in it's doorway while the 'bad' side never gets touched or affected by anything. I have an elastic pony-tail tie rigged on that mount to catch it when it fails every couple weeks. I had a 3M mount there for a different cam which also fell off regularly, eventually breaking a solder connection to the mini-USB port inside the cam which I still need to fix. There's a lot of strain on those ports when a cam falls and the cable catches it so best to solve the problem rather than losing a cam as I have ;)

Phil

Back