Does the Viofo A129 duo ever go on sale?

genesplitter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
AUKEY DR02
Hello dashcam community. I will be buying a (new to me) 2016 Honda Odyssey later this summer or early fall and plan to install a front/rear setup. Does Viofo ever go on sale?

I'm not immediately sure but I got mine about 2 weeks, maybe a bit less, after it was released from eBay. eBay at times does a percentage off sitewide and when I got mine, they were doing a 20% off site wide that lasted something like 12 hours. If you don't see it priced on a good sale in the upcoming days and weeks, keep an eye on eBay as well.

Markticktock - that's awesome. You must work for Amazon because I can't find a way to see these deals early.

I plan to buy the $40 off A129 duo and my gopro that I mounted to my motorcycle helmet died, so I'll be buying the G3 action cam too!

Great post!

Why do I feel like Amazon Prime Days is going to cost me a lot of $$. :)

Yeah, same here. My kid will soon turn 16 y/o so I'm also getting the duo IR (taxicam style). This will replace an Aukey in our older 2006 Toyota Highlander. The Aukey is ok, but is known for not alerting the user if the sd card goes bad. I'll move the Aukey to my 1997 Ford F150, which currently does not have any dashcam.

Well this would have been nice to know. I bought 2 of these cameras at full price... O well, the camera has paid itself off so can't complain.

I got my A129 Duo with GPS 3 weeks ago with 150 euros Samsung Evo 128GB card included. I don't know what are the normal prices but for Romania this was a good deal.

Would you want to buy one when you read on the the Forum with reference to Bufferd Parking Mode problem.
Viofo seems to have forgotten about existing customers!!

Would you want to buy one when you read on the the Forum with reference to Bufferd Parking Mode problem.
Viofo seems to have forgotten about existing customers!!
Why are you guys freaking out about that so much? The A129 is still a great dashcam, probably the best in its price range. The buffered parking mode is basically a beta feature Viofo decided to add to the A129 a year after its release. It was not promised or even expected to be a feature of the A129.

On Viofo website one of the reasons for buying the A129 Duo and it states,With the latest firmware releases the A129 Duo,A129 Duo IR and the A119v3 ,Provides Advanced Bufferd Parking Mode!!

All I'm saying is I read that and bought my A129 Duo and I've been pleased with the rest of the way the camera works whilst driving.But Bufferd Parking Mode leaves a lot to be desired.
But prospective buyers reading that but not having followed this topic on the forum would think as I did it looks worth buying!

But all what's happened and you've only got to follow the Bufferd Parking Mode topic on the forum to come to the conclusion that Viofo seems to have forgotten this issue because there are no updates or anything! So would I recommend or buy it again I'm not sure I would!

...Viofo seems to have forgotten this issue because there are no updates or anything! So would I recommend or buy it again I'm not sure I would!
No, they haven't forgotten that issue, it is just not at the front of the development queue at the moment and some people are being a bit impatient to have it work in the way they want it to work rather than the way it does work!

The A129 is still a great dashcam...
Absolutely, and the 4K Pro version which is at the front of the development queue is even greater :)

The recently released Viofo A119 V3 is also pretty good and excellent value considering that it is probably the best dashcam currently available for catching license plates. Pity it is not a dual dashcam, but the A129 Pro will sort that issue when it arrives fairly soon.

The buffered event recording issues will get dealt with soon, but Viofo have been busy!

I'm not interested in the next Super Duper cameras to come off the production line like most people that have paid their money for the Duo that's the one I would like to work as described. In my business I'm more interested in looking after the customer that's invested money in me.
Not necessarily the ones they can attract with the newer cameras and all better features!
I'm very pleased that Viofo are being successful and selling there products.

Don't worry,they will fix the problems,they are a good team and they always update their camera's firmware making them better,they even added new features to an old model,few companys do that for their customers..They will not forget their old products.We just have to be patient.:)

This is basically the first firmware (1.9) with the new features, and the small issues have been noted and he is working on them. Viofo posts regularly here, and has emailed me personally twice in the past day. He's listening and they are working to duplicate and address any small concerns, for the next firmware version. I have been running a couple A129's for 9 months, and they have been rock solid reliable. I'm thrilled with the new features and know they will only get better from here.

Please take as much time as you need for the next version, to get it right :)

Hi Rhody 401 I'm pleased your cameras have been rock solid for the last 9 months! Would you care to share the settings your using please.I would like some of stability!

I was using them only in driving mode, since mid December. It wasn't until a month ago that I started using parking mode, when version 1.9 came out. I have it on automatic with 3 minute recording, lowest sensitivity, 3 minute screen saver, Viofo hw kit power wired to unit not gps, 256gb Sandisk Extreme A2/U3 chips.

So far both cars have been doing well with it, but I know there are some small improvements being worked on now, for the next update.

Back