Does this come with the excellent parking mode?

AceM

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was looking at the 129 duo but it appears there have been some customer service issues and apparently their buffered parking mode isnt working well

I found this information and wanted to know if the SG supports all those modes?
  • G sensor only parking mode - Dash cam is off, when G sensor (Hits/Bumps) activated dash cam will start up (5-15 seconds later) will begin recording for X number of seconds/minutes. Requires a Lithium Ion Polymer battery in the dash cam to work. - Does not require hardwiring. This is the worst type of parking mode btw.
  • Excellent parking mode = Automatic (Engage/Disengage when parked/driving), Buffered - able to record a few seconds before and after G sensor/Motion sensor activation (like a time machine), Low voltage cut off feature (Adjustable) Voltage/Timer based.
  • Lack luster parking mode = Missing one or more of the above features of Excellent Parking mode. Very commonly it is: Automatic, Not Buffered, Requires hardwire kit with low voltage cut off feature built into the Hardwire kit. B1W/A119 variants = Lackluster, Automatic, Not Buffered, Requires hardwire kit with Low voltage cut off feature.
  • 11.6v = dead battery
  • 11.8v, 12.0v, 12.2v = Deep cycling battery = 1/2 the vehicle's cranking battery life span
  • 12.4v = Normal use = Normal lifespan of battery.

not really clear what your question is, our X2PRO/X2PRO+ and DC/DCPRO models as of current firmware versions have parking mode when used with the 3 wire hardwire kit, the choices are 1fps, 2fps, 5fps timelapse or low bitrate (5mbit/sec) 30fps recording, there are menu selectable timer options, from 5 minute through to 24 hours, voltage cutoff is in the hardwire kit, user selectable options are 11.8v, 12v, 12.2v, 12.4v

buffer is used to try and make motion detect a more reliable option, we don't do motion detect, even with a buffer it's not that reliable, we don't include features until such time as they can work reliably, firmware development is an ongoing process but that's where we're at as of now

Yeah you select the type of parking mode in the camera menus + the shut off timer is there, but the voltage cut off you set on the little DIP switches on the little box on the hard wire kit.

I tried another brand camera that let me do parking mode powered VIA a OBD adapter, and using 12.4 volts i only got a few hours out of the little battery in my little car from 2012.
But selecting 12.2 Volts i got a lot longer parking mode, and 12.2 V i think are a okay setting.
BUT ! i do need to upgrade to a newer battery when i get to do parking mode for real, the 40 AH battery don't do much, so somehow i got to be able to cram in a 70 AH battery ( or larger )

Back