Does this video quality look normal?

whoever

Reaction score
Country
Bahrain
Here're some screenshot of the video. Video is 2560 x 1080 super fine. But it doesn't look that good, and getting even worse when I walk through shaded tree area. I also attached a link to the original video. Sorry for the shaky hand.

Are these normal? Any settings or different resolution I can choose to improve? Do I get a fake or this is what 1080p looks like?

Thanks

https://drive.google.com/folderview...h5V3JtOUFaamVDLTFjNFhVc0lOLTVXRTA&usp=sharing

nd94pz.jpg

sfz5gy.jpg

nbsw9u.jpg

juxu93.jpg

Any comments?
I don't have an 0805, but it does look similar to other 0805 images I've seen.

I suspect you have a fingerprint on the top right of the lens making it fuzzy? Or maybe it has not been cleaned perfectly - I recommend a "lens pen". It should be as clear there as in the same place the other side. Maybe the whole lens could do with a clean.

The dark areas under the trees are a bit disappointing, but it is an 0805 not an 0806 and the WDR is not so good, same for the colour.

I don't see an obvious fault except for the fuzziness in the top right which I guess is a fingerprint.

Thanks for the help. I tried to clean the lens, might help a little, but not by much. Still can't read license plate even from 10 feet away. I think G1W-C has much better quality, despite this one claiming to have better processor and sensor and better review from this site.

Anyway I can check for fake without completely disassembling it? It does have all the 0805 resolution settings mentioned in review, and video info mentioned something like this.

MPEG4 Video (H264) 2304x1296 29.97fps 17073kbps [V: Ambarella AVC [eng] (h264 main L5.0, yuv420p, 2304x1296, 17073 kb/s)]

Very disappointed about quality.

Thanks for the help. I tried to clean the lens, might help a little, but not by much. Still can't read license plate even from 10 feet away. I think G1W-C has much better quality, despite this one claiming to have better processor and sensor and better review from this site.

Anyway I can check for fake without completely disassembling it? It does have all the 0805 resolution settings mentioned in review, and video info mentioned something like this.

MPEG4 Video (H264) 2304x1296 29.97fps 17073kbps [V: Ambarella AVC [eng] (h264 main L5.0, yuv420p, 2304x1296, 17073 kb/s)]

Very disappointed about quality.

I'd say from the looks of that it's normal. Pay attention to the direction of your dash cam from the light source. Your first two images (pointed at the intersection and the parking area are away from the direction of sunlight. In photography, that's one of the best setup as it helps cameras process images faster compared to when you're quite or actually facing the light source (which in this case, the sun - shown on the other two images you posted)). The glowing look of most subjects in your last 2 shots are normal as the camera compensates for the excessive lighting.

About the quality, don't expect your unit to be as close to a GoPro, There's a reason why they're cheap technology. As long as they're doing what they're supposed to do that should be alright, unless you prefer to spend more on a better device.

I see that you have some minor blurring on the edge (right side). Have you adjusted your camera so far? If not, here's what has been posted that might help. I have done this one to correct the out of focus issue:

https://dashcamtalk.com/mini-0805/#Out_of_Focus

Back