Does warnings only show briefly when SD card has failed or is bad? Has this been fixed via new firmware to show warnings for an extended duration?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have not purchased this camera yet. Considering Mini 0906 vs. Fiofo A129.

Question1: Does the Mini 0906 only give a short 2 second warning when an SD card has failed or there's some sort of error with the SD card or does it require me fix the SD card or replace it with a functional one before it record? I hear that the Fiofo A119 would keep pestering you until the issue with the SD card is resolved. Basically, the Fiofo A119 makes sure that a good sd card is in otherwise, it will keep on pestering. Can I assume the A129 will continue the tradition of constant pestering until the sd card issue has been resolved?

Question2: Can I view or transfer files via wifi?

Question3: Has the reboot issue been resolved with the latest firmware?

Question4: Is a class 10 MLC card fast enough for the two cameras at 1080p?

Question5: I currently own ten 4 gig industrial super MLC cards that's rated class 10. Manual say that this super MLC card has 10x longevity compared to a typical MLC card. Would you think getting a cheap 32 gig TLC card last longer or this 4 gig super MLC card?

Question6: It seems the specification for both the Mini 0906 and Fiofo A129 is same chip spec... can someone please do a side by side video review? Thanks.

Last edited:
4GB cards are too small and will cause problems, not enough room for the camera to function properly

4GB cards are too small and will cause problems, not enough room for the camera to function properly

this is an industrial super MLC card by Transcend. What card do you recommend for this camera? Also, please address the original question if class 10 MLC is fast enough for this camera.

Class 10 is fine, your cards are just too small, the type of flash memory is no help when you don't have enough space

Class 10 is fine, your cards are just too small, the type of flash memory is no help when you don't have enough space

I only need the last few minutes. I understand there'll be more re-writes due to the card being small. Here's my math: it's said the superMLC is 10x regular MLC, so I assume at 4gig, it's equivalent to a 40gig regular MLC in terms of longevity. As in an FYI, I've used a 1gig card with my single 1080p camera, I'm happy with it. That one gig is most probably a MLC if not a SLC.

I only need the last few minutes. I understand there'll be more re-writes due to the card being small. Here's my math: it's said the superMLC is 10x regular MLC, so I assume at 4gig, it's equivalent to a 40gig regular MLC in terms of longevity. As in an FYI, I've used a 1gig card with my single 1080p camera, I'm happy with it. That one gig is most probably a MLC if not a SLC.

nothing to do with longevity, 4GB won't provide enough working space for two channels of recording, file save, and file handling process, 4GB equates to about 15 minutes of usable space when empty, it's not enough for the camera to function correctly

nothing to do with longevity, 4GB won't provide enough working space for two channels of recording, file save, and file handling process, 4GB equates to about 15 minutes of usable space when empty, it's not enough for the camera to function correctly

What will happen? Have you tried it? All I need is just the last few minutes, not even last 15 minutes.

What will happen? Have you tried it? All I need is just the last few minutes, not even last 15 minutes.

it will only hold 15 minutes in total, the last 15 minutes doesn't come into it, a locked file could render the camera inoperative without you noticing it at the time

it will only hold 15 minutes in total, the last 15 minutes doesn't come into it, a locked file could render the camera inoperative without you noticing it at the time

What will hold 15 minutes in total, the camera has built in RAM ?? Built in Ram or my 4gig sd card? and why wouldn't the last 15 minutes doesn't come into it, and what is it?? Why wouldn't the 15 minutes go into the card?? it's like this, if your 128 gig card is read only, then also no data goes to your 128 gig card. So what's your point? I can't understand you at all.

What will hold 15 minutes in total, the camera has built in RAM ?? and why wouldn't the last 15 minutes doesn't come into it, and what is it?? I can't understand you at all.

if you us a 4GB card you only have enough space for 15 minutes of 2 channel video, the camera has to manage free space to constantly delete the oldest file to make way for the next file, there are situations where 4GB is not enough space in total for this to function, particularly if using one of the longer loop setting options or there is a lock file etc

if you us a 4GB card you only have enough space for 15 minutes of 2 channel video, the camera has to manage free space to constantly delete the oldest file to make way for the next file, there are situations where 4GB is not enough space in total for this to function, particularly if using one of the longer loop setting options or there is a lock file etc

Understood..due to the "locked" file. Well, I'll just set it to a 1 minute loop =) Maybe it's a better for evidence sake because they'll just look at the last minute of driving instead of the full 3 minutes.

I really like my cheap little G1W-CB. Is there one that's slightly better or equal but is about $20 and is bug free and beeps and flashes when the SD card goes bad? I might just get another cheap cam instead of a mini 0906. The G1W-CB does warn, but wish the damn thing would BEEP!! if the red light doesn't flash, then it's not writing. Wish someone would update the firmware to give option to beep.

I really like my cheap little G1W-CB. Is there one that's slightly better or equal but is about $20 and is bug free and beeps and flashes when the SD card goes bad? I might just get another cheap cam instead of a mini 0906. The G1W-CB does warn, but wish the damn thing would BEEP!! if the red light doesn't flash, then it's not writing. Wish someone would update the firmware to give option to beep.

chipset doesn't support audible warning

Back