Doesn't record during the day

wojtek077

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm having issue with my cam not recording during the day time sometimes. Could be because of summer heat? Or bad sd card? I do put sun shade in front of the cam tho.
I'm planning replace my card anyways. I can't remove the cam from the mount because pins got bent. Cams 2 years

I'm having issue with my cam not recording during the day time sometimes. Could be because of summer heat? Or bad sd card? I do put sun shade in front of the cam tho.
I'm planning replace my card anyways. I can't remove the cam from the mount because pins got bent. Cams 2 years
Your powering the camera directly and not through the damaged GPS mount I assume?

Yes I do, I could try powering the cam directly. Could gps can provent the cam from booting from the heat? It's odd that the cam works fine at night.

Yes I do, I could try powering the cam directly. Could gps can provent the cam from booting from the heat? It's odd that the cam works fine at night.
You said you can’t remove the cam from the mount because the pins are bent. If they are bent, then it’s likely a poor connection. The heat from the sun could cause slight warping, causing the connection to get worse. Power the camera directly, GPS should still work (assuming the GPS pins are Ok).

I didn't know that you can power the gps thru the camera. Do you think heat and putting sun shade cause damage to the cam? I know caps don't do well with the heat.

I didn't know that you can power the gps thru the camera. Do you think heat and putting sun shade cause damage to the cam? I know caps don't do well with the heat.
Yes, GPS will still work when powering the camera directly.

If you trap the camera between the windshield and the sun shade, your basically putting it in an oven.

Back