DOME G90-7S GS90C - Drive shows folder is empty.

Hogan

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I just received my Dome G90-7S. Its set up and working although I have not attached it to the car. All menu items are there and vid files load to the card. However when I connected the body to my Pc (win8) by the usb cable the drive showed that the folder for the camera was empty. The capacity of this folder which is supposed to contained the firmware and all other files relative to the running of the camera is 84mb. But it is empty. Obviously the firmware and files must be somewhere otherwise the camera would not operate. Any clues out there??

better to use a card reader to access your files, the internal memory of the camera doesn't show with most models when connected to a PC, you should only see the memory card but may have to select a menu option to view, could also need drivers, there may be no support for Win8 though

No problem in accessing the video files. If the SD card is in the camera and it is connected to the PC by the usb, two drives will come up on screen. One for the camera and the other for the SD card. I'm not all that concerned about it at the moment because it is working fine but in the future if I needed to update the firmware I would find it pretty difficult, or am I missing something?

I'm not all that concerned about it at the moment because it is working fine but in the future if I needed to update the firmware I would find it pretty difficult, or am I missing something?

to update the firmware you copy a file onto the memory card and reboot the camera

Thanks Jokiin. I now understand the process more clearly.

Jokiin will the memory card need to be reformatted in the camera prior to the new firmware folder being copied to it on the desktop?

doesn't really matter, I normally ask people to format the card, not because it needs doing as such but just to make sure they're copying the file to the correct location and not putting it in a folder

you might be overthinking things anyway, there's often no update for these kinds of cameras unless some deal breaker problem crops up, if there is any update at any time you'll get details about how to install, there's nothing to it really

I have a Dome G90 - 7S GS90C purchased from Gearbest last year, VERSION: G90-ZX-A770-785-S-H, the night background is very dark,

1)not sure if the new firmware update will help to increase the night exposure?
2) Tried number of times, still unable to download the firmware to the camera, can you tell me how please..................

20150307 GS90C Ambarella A7LA70 with GPS -------------------- (Is it the latest?)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw8LfG-2RaLhQUlOQ3BOai00Ymc&authuser=0

The Google Drive update has "2" files, amboot_hal_kernel_romfs_dsp_re & firmware.bin, I can't pick just the firmware.bin only but hit the middle top download button, it is "1" file that has 19.3MB with windows logo & it is a rar file. I refomatted the micro SD with Dome camera, inserted the card into the computer, tried to open the windows logo file but unsuccessful, copied & paste the windows logo file to micro card, then inserted the micro into the camera, nothing happens??????

Can someone tell me exactly how to download the file from google drive all the way to the camera? Do I need both or just the firmware file?

Thanks.

Download both of them the .elf file use full if you bricked the camera.

Just format micro SD and put only the firmware.bin to the micro SD and press the power button ensure that you have camera's battery fully charge.

Done. Not much change noted. Thanks.

I have a Dome G90 - 7S GS90C purchased from Gearbest last year, VERSION: G90-ZX-A770-785-S-H, the night background is very dark,

1)not sure if the new firmware update will help to increase the night exposure?
2) Tried number of times, still unable to download the firmware to the camera, can you tell me how please..................

20150307 GS90C Ambarella A7LA70 with GPS -------------------- (Is it the latest?)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw8LfG-2RaLhQUlOQ3BOai00Ymc&authuser=0

The Google Drive update has "2" files, amboot_hal_kernel_romfs_dsp_re & firmware.bin, I can't pick just the firmware.bin only but hit the middle top download button, it is "1" file that has 19.3MB with windows logo & it is a rar file. I refomatted the micro SD with Dome camera, inserted the card into the computer, tried to open the windows logo file but unsuccessful, copied & paste the windows logo file to micro card, then inserted the micro into the camera, nothing happens??????

Can someone tell me exactly how to download the file from google drive all the way to the camera? Do I need both or just the firmware file?

Thanks.
1.coppy firmware.bin on microSD
2. Power supply for G90C
3. Select the volume "v" and wait for 100% complete renovation, G90c itself off
4. Disconnect the microSD card and restart G90c
Good luck!

Back