Dome G90C G90-7S test

TaaT

Reaction score
I want to share my experience about this camera.

You can buy it from Gearbest.com Coupon code: GBGS90C

The built qualitiy looks fine.
ul4pmctlh7u7sh8udvy2.jpg

G90 and G1W size comparison.

6got7w830s1yh8b4iyu.jpg

Unfortunately my camera has some blury left side, check the two marked license plate on screenshot pic.

wc9jxt1v65d6hj2dusjm.jpg

Placing the camera behind the inside rearview mirror is the most ideal.

yvsk3v97gfgsm5eymq0r.jpg

The built in battery capacity are way to small, you need to use the car charger.

The bracket rigidity is good. It is important to note, the holder have 3 position. You need push down the lever to secure the camera.

xtybb4t1xgwmpc0wc5e.jpg

Audio quality is good (new, improved version) at low background noise, less good at high backround noise, but still acceptable. Of course, the microphone can be turned off.

The video files contain some information that can be read and displayed in a suitable program. GPS coordinates and speed, G-sensor values.

ak6pmdfra7hldkmexji.png

The camera shots only 21:9 and 16:9 video. Here is a comparison the viewing angle of the two aspect ratio. You can see, the 21:9 video has slightly smaller angle.

8hwph47yo9cpl5s4sfr.jpg

Last edited:
Let's see the test videos

You can find in all youtube video description one untouched sample file link.

Day time video files: Cloudy or sunny, the camera perform well (except direct sunlight). The 720p mode are nearly useless next to the 1080p and higher resolution.

In the first video you can see file join at 3:08, that's what i call seamless recording.

Night time video files: The biggest problem for night shots that they are dark. The HDR can't improve on this to much. But its not so bad.

Conclusion: This camera perform well in daytime, a bit less in night. My favorite video resolution is the 2560x1080p 30fps 21:9.

o82nwqaj9xbmt51i4673.gif

I want to say Thanks to Sunny @ Gearbest!

Could you check the firmware version ?

Night videos will be brighter after youtube processing than looking at raw file.
The details are there but unfortunately Dome doesn't have a firmware to increase exposure even though it's mentioned on the specs.

I have a Dome G90 - 7S GS90C purchased from Gearbest last year, VERSION: G90-ZX-A770-785-S-H, the night background is very dark,

1)not sure if the new firmware update will help to increase the night exposure?
2) Tried number of times, still unable to download the firmware to the camera, can you tell me how please..................

20150307 GS90C Ambarella A7LA70 with GPS -------------------- (Is it the latest?)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw8LfG-2RaLhQUlOQ3BOai00Ymc&authuser=0

The Google Drive update has "2" files, amboot_hal_kernel_romfs_dsp_re & firmware.bin, I can't pick just the firmware.bin only but hit the middle top download button, it is "1" file that has 19.3MB with windows logo & it is a rar file. I refomatted the micro SD with Dome camera, inserted the card into the computer, tried to open the windows logo file but unsuccessful, copied & paste the windows logo file to micro card, then inserted the micro into the camera, nothing happens??????

Can someone tell me exactly how to download & "open" the file from google drive all the way to the camera? Do I need both or just the firmware.bin file? if only firmware, how to pick just the firmware.bin file?

Thanks.

1st download and unzip the files. 7zip is great for that available at download.com.
Doesn't hurt to have both files on the SD card's root folder (highest level, not inside other folders).
Firmware Update Instructions
  1. Copy the firmware file (*.bin) onto the root (ie top folder) of the MicroSD card.
  2. You may need to rename the firmware file to “firmware.bin” if it has any other name.
  3. Eject the MicroSD card reader via the icon in the Windows system tray (ie near the clock on the Windows task bar).
  4. Insert the MicroSD card with the firmware.bin file into the G90 camera.
  5. Connect the camera to a USB power source such as the provided car charger or a USB phone charger. Do not update on battery power!
  6. The camera should prompt to update automatically – select Yes to begin the upgrade.
  7. The camera will now go through a few update stages and will power off when complete.
  8. Remove the MicroSD card from the camera and insert into a USB reader, or alternatively connect the USB cable directly to the camera and use mass storage mode.
  9. Delete the \firmware.bin file from the memory card – otherwise the camera will prompt for upgrade at every boot
  10. Eject the MicroSD card reader via the icon in the Windows system tray (ie near the clock on the Windows task bar).
  11. Insert the MicroSD card with the firmware.bin file into the G90 camera.
  12. It may be necessary to reset the camera to default settings to make any new optimized settings take effect – please note this may reset the language into Russian so ensure you are familiar with where the language menu option is before performing this. An easy way is count how many times you have to press the right arrow until you get to the language option – after the reset just press the right arrow that many times, click OK and you will see the English option.

Last edited:
Thanks Sunny, it works. But it appears that the night exposure has no change, still dark.

Last edited by a moderator:
But now i have new 1156
Nice; could you please make a backup of your firmware ?
Also, does it have 4k, 2160p (3840×2160) ? :eek: This is the maximum resolution on your youtube clip :D

Hi. No, it dosnt have 4k. It just for better picture on youtube. :)
I will give you firmware soon.

from my test three dvr g90c , I concluded that the best 1296p. hdr dont work propertly, the picture is not clear, especially at night. 1080p is useless

I will give links to original video files soon
For downloading on my shop zerodegree.ru

Hi. No, it dosnt have 4k. It just for better picture on youtube
Ok, so it means you've used a video editing tool to resize the clips. What compression have you used ?

Back