Dome GS98C Video Review

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I had been using the GS98C for several weeks now, courtesy of GearBest.com again.

Seems like Sunny and I have been really over lapping on reviews, so as usual I am not gonna go over all the specs in this post (they are shown and mentioned in the video though) and just talk about the pros and cons.

This is a $81US camera so it is very affordable, but with the A7LA70 processor and 5.0MP CMOS sensor it provides pretty great quality footage. Most of the time it looks better than my Blackvues which are still more expensive (although 2 ch is obviously gonna cost more, the DR650/550 is what I use to be precise).

It is a decent size for being a "digital camera" style form factor, its lens is surprisingly big though. I don't mind the actual camera size, but the suction cup mount is my biggest con for the camera. the GPS is built into the suction cup mount, and the camera uses a proprietary connector so you can't easily just swap it with a smaller mount. You likely could attach it to one of the smaller generic 3M mounts though by swapping the "ball" on the mounts.

Besides the formfactor there isn't much else I disliked about it. It is overall a really great under $100 camera. I think the G1W/G1W-C is so obsolete I really hope there is an update to it with a better chip set, because it seems to still sell while cameras like this are far superior for little extra cost.

I also tested it in parking mode with motion detection and it does actually instantly start recording, so you do not miss anything like a lot of older cams with motion detection.

Full Review:

Sample Clips:

Download link for raw 1296p file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qj1qvh2bedqnez/2015-02-01-22-23-35.MP4?dl=0

IMG_2112.JPG IMG_2113.JPG IMG_2115.JPG IMG_2116.JPG IMG_2117.JPG IMG_2120.JPG

You can find it from GearBest here:

Coupon code: GBGS98C

Last edited:
i am gonna do some further testing with GPS because many people mentioned issues. I checked my footage and it was working in all 10 clips I saved except one. It is possible I may not have connected the plug tight enough though. I removed it multiple times while testing.

i should also have some other sample clips up for other resolutions.

Last edited:
Thanks for your review! It looks nice.:p

Back