Dome Z7 Dashcam Review Activity***Owner Thread***

GearBest

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
China
Do you have this little dashcam(Z7) ? Share foto and video review with us!
Fantastic review:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...hcam-review-and-comparison-against-g1wh.6849/ By @Sunny
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/gearbest-dome-z7-vs-dome-g90.7106/ By @Sunny
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...l-50-1080p-dashcam-supplied-by-gearbest.6836/ By @reverend

This is a fantastic way to build up the Gearbest and DCT communities and we sincerely think this kind of action should be encouraged, supported and rewarded. To show just how much it means to us, we will send FREE Memory Card to reviewers as a tiny thank you gift in return.

There are no special rules for this activity, the only key requirement is that the products must have been purchased from Gearbest.

1. Simply post your youtube/blog/forum review link in this thread
2. We will verify the link to ensure it is genuine and useful for other users
3. Once everything checks out, we will PM the reviewer(or simply send me an email at: alta@gearbest.com) for their Gearbest details so we can send free memory-cards to reviewers(we hope you don’t mind receiving communication in this way)

Prize:
1. 8GB Samsung Calss 6 Memory Card for video review
http://www.gearbest.com/memory-cards/pp_28057.html

2. 16GB Samsung Class 6 Memory Card for video+ text review
http://www.gearbest.com/memory-cards/pp_28058.html

3. 32GB Samsung Class 6 Memory Card for video+text+picture review
http://www.gearbest.com/memory-cards/pp_28059.html

We sincerely hope you can share your reviews of Z7 here, so that more people in community can benefit from your shopping experience.

Thank you once again to everybody for their continued support and interest. It really means so much to us.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Introduction of Z7:
Gearbest link: Coupon code: Domez7
Price: 41.99USD with Free Shipping

Main Features:
Brand: DOME
Model: Z7
Type : HD Car DVR Recorder, Full HD Dashcam
Chipset Name: Novatek
Chipset : Novatek 96650
External Card : TF 32G (not included)
Special Function: Motion detection, Photograph, HDMI output, Cycle recording, Digital zoom
Battery type: Built-in
Capacity : 230mAh lithium battery
Charge Way : Car charger

1406225997703-P-1870252.jpg

2.0 inch LCD screen, 1080P FULL HD video
140 A+ grade high-resolution wide angle lens
2-LED IR night vision
Novatek 96650 chipset
Advanced H.264 photography compression technology
4X digital zoom
10.0MP image resolution
30 frames per second for smooth video flow
Support HDMI full HD video transmission
Seamless loop-cycle recording function
Motion detection function
G-sensor function
Support TF memory card, up to 32GB (not included)

Gearbest.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Gearbest, I want to purchase this DashCam to write up a review with how the DashCam performs on my Motorcycle. This will be my first DashCam purchase.

The Coupon Code: Domez7 does not work. It says "The code you entered is expired." Can you please issue new coupon?

I am deciding between this and the G1WH, but for Motorcycle the smaller the better. Thanks!

Last edited:
Yeah the Z7 isn't really suitable for motorbike mounting as it's just a standard suction cup so not really sure how you're thinking of using it on a motorbike? Were you thinking behind a glass piece or something? What about weatherproofing as that's another issue you're going to have?

It's also a small T mount so you can't use any of the DOD compatible mounts which are out there.

Dear Gearbest, I want to purchase this DashCam to write up a review with how the DashCam performs on my Motorcycle. This will be my first DashCam purchase.

The Coupon Code: Domez7 does not work. It says "The code you entered is expired." Can you please issue new coupon?

I am deciding between this and the G1WH, but for Motorcycle the smaller the better. Thanks!
Hi there,
Thank you so much for your kind support. The coupon could work now, Domez7 .

BTW, for Motorcycle, Z7 is not the best choice. My suggestion is SJ4000, we also promote this one in a big sale. The coupon code is GBSJ4000, Price is 79.99USD.
Check it here:
Please have a check and feel free to let me know if i could offer any other help.
-Gearbest

Yeah the Z7 isn't really suitable for motorbike mounting as it's just a standard suction cup so not really sure how you're thinking of using it on a motorbike? Were you thinking behind a glass piece or something? What about weatherproofing as that's another issue you're going to have? It's also a small T mount so you can't use any of the DOD compatible mounts which are out there.

Yes, I plan to install behind the glass. I plan on using this adhesive mount.

Hi there,
Thank you so much for your kind support. The coupon could work now, Domez7 .
BTW, for Motorcycle, Z7 is not the best choice. My suggestion is SJ4000, we also promote this one in a big sale. The coupon code is GBSJ4000, Price is 79.99USD.
Check it here:

Thank you for fixing the coupon code. I agree Waterproof would be great for Motorcycle, but I don't ride much in the rain. I hope the build quality will hold up on a motorcycle. From reviews I see that the camera is very plastic feeling.

Yes, I plan to install behind the glass. I plan on using this adhesive mount.
Like I say the Z7 is a small mount so this one won't work unfortunately as that's one of the DOD compatible ones. I've not seen any compatible mounts for the Z7 out there as it's even smaller than the GT680W.

The Z7 is a really small camera, I've got to admit I looked for a sticky mount for this one as well but maybe Dome are the only ones who could help there - I was hoping the same one from the GT680W would fit but that is also wider than this one. They've just used that T style mount for the Z7 but really shrunk it down!

I think I'll be a Z7' reviewer very soon. :)
This Z7 seems to be small enough to be installed as a lateral dashcam in my personal vehicle.
I didn't know Gearbest very weel before (except the name), that is a way to know it more ;)

@GearBest : I would like to use a G1WH mount with the Z7.
Is it compatible ?
Or compatible with a G1W mount ?

Afraid not mate - the T bracket is smaller than the LS300 standard size which I think the G1W uses. It's also a different size to which the GT680W uses and that is also a small T bracket. I know the GT680W ball and bracket were the wrong way round to reuse the LS300 mounts as well - I'll have to have another look at the Z7.

I'm not sure to understand.
My G1WH and G1W have 2 different size of T bracket.
But I can trim a bit the G1WH T bracket to make it fit to the G1W (already done)
So, if the Z7 T bracket is the same as G1W, I would also be happy ;)

Here we go mate - a picture speaks a thousand words :)

As you can see the Z7 and GT680W use a mini T bracket!

IMG_1627.JPG IMG_1626.JPG

Thanks but still don't understand :oops:
You have a big and a small T bracket on picture.
Which model is the big, and which is the small ?

The LS300W is the standard T bracket you get on most cameras like the DOD / Panorama G and G1W and the little one is more like the GT680W and Z7 fitment :)

OK but I as don't know all these dashcams, I'm a bit confuse :D
I only know that the T bracket of the G1W is a bit smaller than the G1WH.

Are you able to mesure (metric please) the T bracket of the Z7 ?

I'll leave that to @Sunny mate as the Z7 is in the father-in-law's car 100 miles away at the moment :)

OK but I as don't know all these dashcams, I'm a bit confuse :D
I only know that the T bracket of the G1W is a bit smaller than the G1WH.

Are you able to mesure (metric please) the T bracket of the Z7 ?

I'll measure it when I get home.
It's much smaller than G1W's socket.

Back