Don't ! Buy a 0826

old4570

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Front: 70MAI , Ausdom A261, Mini 0826 , Rear: A118c
Ok I just got back from going out and doing some chores ( driving the car )
I just checked the Video footage from my 0826 , and its not nice at all ...
Seriously , about on par with a MJPEG Cam costing $20 ...

So from the initial video footage my guess is the cam is very out of focus ...
Look , I think its maybe time some one put a collar on the mini series and called it a DOG ...
This is some serious BS that a cam so out of focus makes it out the door ...

I just wanted to post this ASAP , just in case anyone thinks that things have changes much with the mini series of cams ... ( Very disappointing )
Will post some video ASAP ...

Direct comparison with my A261 ... Same video settings for both cams ..

Last edited:
2ic4491.jpg

11h7yqh.jpg

Now one more thing !
Wasn't it supposed to be 30FPS ?????

Wholly Smoke Batman !
Ok I would never have thought , I am even less impressed now ...

Sorry , NTSC on top PAL on bottom

How the hell did they manage to screw that up ( ? )

Does that mean we have firmware updates to look forward to ( ? )
And does that mean all early purchasers are test bunnies ... ( Or is that dumb bunnies )

Last edited:
Lots of cameras do this, 25fps when set to PAL, 30fps when set to NTSC, its not wrong, just different to what you may be used to

Naaaa !
Not FPS _ Video quality !
MAssive drop when going to PAL , monumental even ...
I have never seen anything like it before ..
Why even offer PAL as a setting (?) when its so _ Terrible

Agree your video is too blurry. May be yours is a faulty product? Ask for exchange.

Uploading another Ausdom VS Mini 0826 Video with the 0826 set to NTSC ..
After that I will do a Dome G90 VS Mini 0826

Unfortunately my A118c bricked itself ( possibly from being under powered )
Hopefully the reset button does the trick ...
+ I have set all my cams to NTSC , so hopefully more video footage tomorrow , + a night drive I will take shortly .. After uploading the latest video ...

Ausdom A261 VS Mini 0826 ( Mini set to NTSC )

Dome G90 VS Mini 0826 ...
I like doing it it this way as the video editing + youtube doing there thing means that both cam's footage is affected the same way ...
So that way you can make a direct comparison ..

I haven't done much comparisons but videos look pretty good.
Here are two video clips from mini 0826 vs Amkov AMK7000S @ 2.7k 15fps and they are very similar.
Both videos are at the exact same time.
Mini 0826:

Amkov AMK700S:

Mini 0826 @ night ....

First part of the video , each cam has its own audio track , ( The audio has not been edited , or all the video was edited same'o same'o by the software - but I have made no effort to alter anything )
For the 2nd part the audio is from the Mini 0826 ( Split screen )
And yes , for this 0826 the Audio is a little weak , but then the Ausdom A261 has excellent audio pick up ..

I understand that manufacturers face a balancing act of keeping the quality as high as the price band they price their product at, will allow,

I can also understand that there are tolerance issues as well, as I’m sure if someone came out with the perfect DVR but cost was £2,000, apart from people like the CIA or private detectives, it wouldn’t sell to the mass market,

but for a DVR to leave the factory badly out of focus or with other issues is terrible, I wasn’t aware my first mini 0805 was out of focus till I posted up image from it, and more experienced members on here pointed this out to me, as before this being pointed out to me, I just thought my settings were not set to optimum setting

I had this issue with both my first two mini 0805, there is just no excuse for one of these DVR’s to leave the factory faulty and the manufacturer hopes the buyer is non the wiser, lucky we have DCT

things do break down and I accept that or get one that gets through QE, but there are just too many of these mini 08XX coming fresh from the factory/supplier faulty, its just not acceptable in this day and age, all IMHO of course :)

things do break down and I accept that, but getting a DVR fresh from the factory/supplier faulty is just not acceptable in this day and age, all IMHO of course :)

it does still happen, we have multiple checks and balances and we still get some slip through unfortunately, we work hard to rectify things as quickly as possible when they go wrong and it frustrates me no end when it happens but the reality is it happens, I've had out of box failures with $1000 iPhone's too, (if they can't get it perfect what hope do the rest of us have) but no hate on Apple, when there's a problem they sort it quickly, what more can you ask

I missed that out jokiin, not that issues don’t occur but how they are solved, :)

in my experience Apple are maybe one of the top ones with after sales service (as is noticeable in their product pricing)

it’s just that we do hear a lot about focus issues with these mini 08xx DVR’s, it could be that out of the thousands they sell we only hear of the few with focus issues

I missed that out jokiin, not that issues don’t occur but how they are solved, :)

in my experience Apple are maybe one of the top ones with after sales service (as is noticeable in their product pricing)

it’s just that we do hear a lot about focus issues with these mini 08xx DVR’s, it could be that out of the thousands they sell we only hear of the few with focus issues

focus is one of those things where it is done by hand, is subject to human error, and can be very hard to pickup once completed as it's often not noticed until recordings are reviewed, particularly if the focus is close to right but not quite, it's something I drill into staff on every production run about how important it is, try as you might you'll still get one or two slip through

Back