Dont buy from GearBest

David Bershadsky

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi friend i want to tell you about my experiance with GearBest,
1)I ordered headpohne after i waited for over a mouth they didnt arrive,
So it talk me some days until the answered me and another 5 days until they made a refund (still didnt get the money back)
2)3 days ago i ordered xiaomi yi with a lot of Accessories I bought it from them because i thought that the items are in stock .I asked them why it takes so long to send it out,And they answerd that the items arent in stock!
and i should to wait 2 weeks until they only will ship it out!!!
I have a big trip next mouth so i tought it will take 30 days to get the item,But with GearBest I will not get the camera in time :(

In my experience they sell products they know they don't have stock of, would never recommend them

What can i do with it,I cant wait for 2 weeks,
And they offer refund only to thier wallet and i dont want to buy from them anymore

You should get your money back if it's not already shipped from any seller even if you cancel in-stock item.
PM Gearbest here about refund.
You should never order from China when you only have 30 days because of slow shipping as well as risk of package loss.
If you want guarantee, then pay for expedited shipping and get in few days.
I get DHL from China in 2 or 3 days but it won't be free shipping.

I don't know where OP was getting it shipped to, but GB isn't the fastest to ship to the US. However, I have received all of my orders from them intact and with properly functioning products. In my experience, do not expect to receive anything from GB in less than 30-45 days, but they are a good source for some cheap gadgets if you're patient enough.

KuoH

You should never order from China when you only have 30 days because of slow shipping as well as risk of package loss.
If you want guarantee, then pay for expedited shipping and get in few days.
I get DHL from China in 2 or 3 days but it won't be free shipping.

Not only GB, but all the Chinese "mega-stores" have similar problems. Ali Express has it's own buyers protection scheme (which works well) but with all the others you should use PayPal or make sure your CC company will handle this kind of thing. All these stores have issues dealing with returns or products which never arrive; their usual tactics are offering partial refunds or store credit to minimize their losses and to delay action until you can no longer file a claim with PP or your CC company. If they agree to replacing a fake or defective product, you still have to ship what you have to them which is expensive by design so that you are less likely to do anything.

There are bargains to be had with these 'mega-stores' but there are also risks involved which is why the usual advice is to buy only from known good local sellers where your chances are much better for a good experience.

Phil

Not only GB, but all the Chinese "mega-stores" have similar problems. Ali Express has it's own buyers protection scheme (which works well) but with all the others you should use PayPal or make sure your CC company will handle this kind of thing. All these stores have issues dealing with returns or products which never arrive; their usual tactics are offering partial refunds or store credit to minimize their losses and to delay action until you can no longer file a claim with PP or your CC company. If they agree to replacing a fake or defective product, you still have to ship what you have to them which is expensive by design so that you are less likely to do anything.

There are bargains to be had with these 'mega-stores' but there are also risks involved which is why the usual advice is to buy only from known good local sellers where your chances are much better for a good experience.

Phil
^^^+1

Just want to say that finally i got me refund for the headphone to my paypal account,
So they work slow but not cheating

Back