Don't cut corner

Viking

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
WR1, Mini 906, 2*A119S, SJDash
I'm back from a long vacation and it didn't take long before stupid driver showed up.

This lady hasn't listen to the idiom of "Not to cut corner" She learning by the hard way.:facepalm:

The CRV is not a big car too.:(

You either need very good driving skill or extremely bad skill, to make this cut.

Is that a Tundra you're driving? Looks like my hood :) 7' is the minimum garage height I can do.

Is that a Tundra you're driving? Looks like my hood :) 7' is the minimum garage height I can do.
No, much smaller, to big to get around here where I live.

It's a Honda cr-v, but much newer model that the lady's.
cq5dam.web.960.800.jpeg

My neighbor has one of those newer CRVs. Funny thing is that my 2 door Honda Accord is longer than the CRV :whistle:

Why are they stood around the car like lemons?? Full right lock, put in reverse, drive away (and report if there's wall damage)

It didn't need to be left there with the hazards flashing as if the building would fall down

Yup, the car isn't going to get any less damaged by just sitting there blocking everyone's way. These people would probably have the same mentality even if they were in the middle of a busy roadway and just had a bumper rub.

KuoH

Why are they stood around the car like lemons??

Why are they stood around the car like lemons?? Full right lock, put in reverse, drive away (and report if there's wall damage)

It didn't need to be left there with the hazards flashing as if the building would fall down
They had probably tried both forward and reverse and found they were stuck, you'd need to be a professional driver to know that "Full right lock, put in reverse, drive away" would work! Also, that column holds up the floor above, they wouldn't want to use too much force to get out of the situation.

If that parking structure was built properly, there's no way a little car like that or even a large truck could've taken that column down no matter how hard they rubbed against it. It would likely have withstood a direct hit, as they wouldn't build it where any little accident had the potential to collapse the entire structure.

KuoH

Also, that column holds up the floor above, they wouldn't want to use too much force to get out of the situation.

If that parking structure was built properly, there's no way a little car like that or even a large truck could've taken that column down no matter how hard they rubbed against it. It would likely have withstood a direct hit, as they wouldn't build it where any little accident had the potential to collapse the entire structure.

KuoH

I hope. I will provide the video, if I get crush unless its to graphic:hungover:

If that happens, we shall give you a proper send off to valhalla for your noble sacrifice. :singing:

KuoH

I will provide the video, if I get crush unless its to graphic:hungover:

Sometimes it amazes me how people can get themselves into situations like this. And the ones that do, should not be allowed behind the wheel.

The first rule of multi-storey car park club is... take every turn as wide as you can.

I had that worked out and burnt into my brain by about my third visit. (Without colliding, I should add!)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

My first rule is watch the top. I need 7'-4" headroom (2.2 m) which means that I can't park in most of these places. And that is with my magnetic mount antennas taken off and a bare roof. With my last work van I could clear 7' (2.1m) with two ladders on a rack up there. Any higher and I will need to have flight clearance and an oxygen mask :LOL:

Phil

My van had a headroom sensor fitted. (It also acted as the radio antenna.) You can't trust the signs telling you what height is OK, but the type of ping from the aerial was a reliable guide. Having a flat roof meant doing it by eye was quite easy too.

Far too many car parks around the 1.9m mark in my area.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back