Double beeps in my new A129 Pro Duo

34Ford

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just installed a new A129 Pro Duo in my '17 Expedition a week ago using the hardwire kit. Using a Samsung Evo select 128 card.

Random double beeps, even if I disconnect the rear cam. So I thought is it the card, well I was reading here that it was suggested to buy a Samsung Evo Plus 128, and I did direct from Samsung.
Funny thing I just received it, I paid $30 for it, they sent 10 of them! What the heck?

Anyway I havent tried it yet but looking at the the specs on their packaging between the Select and the Plus their identical. Really?

If this card dont stop the beeping I am going to look closer as to the two fuses Im getting power from.

LOL, well I have plenty on 128 cards now, but I still need to figure out the beeps.:)

I think random beeps are memory card related, have you formatted the card in the dashcam before use ?

So are the beeps then in the recordings too, i mean do it record constant anyway, or are there gaps in the recordings / file lengths of erratic lengths compared to what you have selected.

Not familiar with these but the beeps i assume could also be camera G sensor telling it is triggering, so if you have G sensor on while driving that might be it.
But then you should also see files in the RO folder of those events.

I think I will go get the camera and bring in the house and see if it does it. I haven't spent much time tweaking the settings other than default.

Yeah you should be able to run it off some USB charger, i often do this on my computer table using a old charger for a Samsung phone that let me plug in the micro or mini USB cable i need for a given camera.
Plugging into the computer will probably just send the camera into mass storage mode, and i am not sure if you can exit that to get into the menus to have a look around in there.

If you have any other memory card lying around, even if it is unreasonable small, you could also give that a go just to see if simulated drive sessions do the same with that card.
I myself simulate start / stop of sessions by plugging in / unplugging the USB plug in the camera, or if it is over longer periods i use a mains timer to simulate 1 hour drive sessions.

Well its been recording for 15 minutes now and not 1 beep. Will now check the videos.

I suspect the power is noisy from the fuse I tapped into. Seems like I read somewhere what fuses is best to some off of.

you want to stay clear of the "big" fuses like airbags engine management ASO
I am tapped into accessories fuse - heated seats - and if my memory serve me right the heated rear window too.
Some times people have also choosen a less than optimal source for the ground connection

Ok, I see my previous recording lengths were all over the place. But here on the table the front are 310,5** KB's Next I will try putting camera back in car using just the usb cable for power. That should tell me if it is the positive power or the acc power I am getting these spikes up through the hardwires?

I will look to see if the seats and rear heated window fuses are in the cabin. If not they are out in front of the motor.

Ok I am getting my constant power from the "passive entry/start module" and the acc from the "ec mirror, moonroof, dvd, am/fm radio".

So I will move the main power to something else.

Power seat and rear defroster are under hood. Too far.

Mine is on a 7.5 fuse, to the electric window I think it is.

I only use mine for recording when I'm driving so it powers up only when the engine is running. I don't use parking mode or motion detection.

Well it still beeps with it plugged into the cigarette socket. About to put all of this on Ebay and go with another brand.

Well it still beeps with it plugged into the cigarette socket. About to put all of this on Ebay and go with another brand.
Have you tried testing in the car with the rear camera unplugged?

Yep. Tried that last week. Still beeped.

If it was at all possible I would like to have a big enough battery to power the cameras and not be connected to the car battery.
I might take the battery out of my Polaris.

Back